About Santa Clara, California
Founded in 1777, Snata Clara is located in the state of California, bordered by Sunnyvale, San Jose and Cupertino. The city is home to more than 120,000 people, making it the 9th most populated city in the San Francisco Bay Area. It is located 45 miles away from San Francisco and was incorporated as a city in 1852. Santa Clara is home to the headquarters of well-established companies such as Intel and Levi’s Stadium.
Popular Destinations in Santa Clara
Here are some of the top destinations and attractions here:
49ers Museum Presented by Sony: Located at the Levi’s Museum, the 49ers Museum is a 200,000 square feet space housing 11 exhibition and gallery spaces. Starting at the Trending Gallery, a tour of this museum provides an in-depth insight into the history of 49ers’ five Super Bowl Championships.
California’s Great America: This massive theme park is unique in several ways, including the fact that it’s the only theme park in California that offers a complete water park. It has the highest number of water rides and kiddy rides in Northern California. Planet Snoopy is a family favorite and you can visit several Peanuts characters such as Charlie Brown and Snoopy.
Mission Santa Clara de Asis: Located on the grounds of the Santa Clara University, this is the 8th out of 21 original missions built in California. The church was built in 1777 and served as the first outpost of Spanish civilization in the valley.
Roberta Jones Junior Theater: The establishment of the theater was as a result of Roberta Jones’s enthusiasm in the 1960’s. Today, Roberta Jones Junior Theater hosts productions by Santa Clara youth.
Ulistac Natural Area: This is termed by many as the ecological gem of Santa Clara. Ulistac Natural Area is the last remaining 40 acres of undeveloped land in Santa Clara and is well known as a great place to go bird watching.
Stroll Into The Past: This is a self-guided tour, which debuted at the Santa Clara Civic Center in 2002. The tour basically brings visitors through 28 plaques, which trace the history of Santa Clara from when it was just a Native American settlement to its present status as an internationally recognized center of innovation.
South Bay Historical Railroad Society: Incorporated in 1985, the SBHRS was built to preserve the heritage of the local railroad industry. It consists of the Santa Clara Railroad Depot, Santa Clara Tower and two maintenance-of-way buildings. The depot is home to varied collections of railroad artifacts.
Luxury Lodging in Santa Clara
- Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square
- Fairmont San Jose
- Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
- Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley
- Garden Court Hotel
- Hotel Vitale
- InterContinental San Francisco
- Rosewood Sand Hill
- Sheraton Sunnyvale Hotel
- The Fairmont San Francisco
- The Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- The Ritz Carlton San Francisco
- The St Regis San Francisco
Restaurants in Santa Clara
3 Michelin stars:
320 Village Ln., 95030 Los Gatos
2 Michelin stars:
201 S. California Ave., 94306 Palo Alto
1 Michelin star:
Airports In or Nearby Santa Clara
Looking for a private jet charter to Santa Clara, California? There are a number of airports in and around Santa Clara that make commuting to and from the city via air travel easy. Some of these include:
- Norman Y Mineta San Hose International Airport (SJC): This airport is located 4 miles away from Santa Clara. The airport has two concrete runways measuring 11,000 feet in length each. It handles an estimated 9 million passengers a year, and has 120,000 aircraft operations annually. The airport has a terminal with 6 gates, and parking facilities for guests.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO): Located 33 miles away from Santa Clara, the San Francisco International Airport sits at an altitude of 13 feet above sea level. It has four asphalt runways, the longest of which is 11,800 feet in length. It is one of the busiest airports in the region, handling an estimated 24 million passengers a year.
- Oakland International Airport (OAK): This airport is located around 37 miles away from Santa Clara. The airport covers an area of 1,100 hectares and has four asphalt runways. It records an average of 200,000 aircraft operations a year. Oakland International Airport has numerous amenities including banks, restaurants and ample secure parking for all users.
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport (SCK): This is an airport that is located 71 miles away from Santa Clara. The airport sits at an altitude of 33 feet above sea level, and has 2 runways and 2 helipads. The airport records an average of 47,000 aircraft operations, and is popular among chartered and private jet users. Facilities including aircraft maintenance and refueling are available.
- Monterey Regional Airport (MRY): The Monterey Regional Airport is located 77 miles away from the city of Santa Clara. Sitting at an altitude of 257 feet above sea level, the airport has two asphalt runways measuring 7,400 and 3,500 feet in length. Most visitors to Santa Clara prefer using this airport on account of its relatively close proximity to the city, as well as the fact that it has relatively low traffic. Most of the traffic to and from the airport is general non-commercial traffic.
- Sallisaw Municipal Airport (JSV): Sallisaw Municipal Airport is located 5 miles away from Santa Clara. The airport sits at an altitude of 37 feet above sea level, and has two runways measuring 9,100 and 8,100 feet in length respectively.
- Moffett Federal Airfield (NUQ): The Moffett Federal Airfield is located 9 miles away from Santa Clara. The private airfield has two runways measuring 9,100 and 8,100 feet in length, and sits at an elevation of 37 feet above sea level.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Santa Clara?