About Cancun, Mexico
Cancun is located in the Caribbean Sea which is in southeastern Mexico. It is highly regarded as a prime tourist destination in the country. For those who are looking for a location with exciting nightlife and awesome weather, this city provides the perfect spot. Cancun has a tropical climate with minimal temperature changes between seasons. Hence, the city is warm throughout the year and is moderated by onshore trade winds. As Cancun is home to the second largest barrier reef in the world, it is an ideal spot for snorkeling and scuba diving activities. Whether it is a family vacation, destination wedding, spring break or romantic getaway, the city has what you are looking for.
Popular Destinations in Cancun
This tropical paradise has a consistent record of being one of the globe’s top tourist destinations. Some of the most popular destinations in the city include:
Chichen Itza: Founded in 495 AD, this is one of the wonders of the archaeological world. This incredible site is a reminiscent of ancient Rome, with its warrior images and columned structures. The entrance features a large museum and visitor’s center where one can find many well-preserved artifacts and sculptures that are on display.
Tulum: This is the only walled oceanfront city that Maya had ever built. It is located on the beautiful Caribbean beach and is relatively small. This means visitors will be able to tour it within two hours and gain some incredible insight into the life of the Maya in no time. Although Tulum may lack some of the traits of Chichen Itza, it makes up for that with its incredible setting and stylized designs. If necessary, there are multilingual guides that are stationed on-site to assist visitors.
Xoximilco: This popular attraction is just less than ten minutes away from the main airport. At this attraction, visitors will get to enjoy some of the best Mexican cuisine, culture, music and can ride on colorfully decorated gondola-like boats.
Aquaworld Cancun: Aquaworld is another destination not to be missed. The PADI Dive Center provides scuba classes and is also reputable for dive trips, fishing excursions and other fun water sports like swimming with the dolphins. It houses a Skyrider which is the center’s own version of parasailing.
Isla Mujeres: It only takes about 15 minutes to arrive at this popular day-trip destination. The island is widely renowned for its uncluttered, relaxing beaches and the relative seclusion that some visitors prefer. There is also a downtown area containing a charming mix of restaurants and shops.
Luxury Lodging in Cancun
The abundance of luxurious accommodations in Cancun will ensure that a vacation to this amazing destination is well worth it. Here are some of the best choices here:
- Beach Palace
- Casa Turquesa
- CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort
- Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort & Spa
- Grand Park Royal Cancún Caribe
- Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun
- Iberostar Cancún
- JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun
- Live Aqua Cancún
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- NIZUC Resort & Spa
- Paradisus Cancún
- Riu Palace Las Americas
- Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort
- Secrets The Vine Cancun
- Sun Palace
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
- Zoëtry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Airports In or Nearby Cancun
Looking for a private aircraft charter to Cancun, Mexico? Cancun has a good selection of airports that are located in and near the city. Here are some of the airports that visitors may consider using:
- Cancún International Airport (CUN): This is Mexico’s second busiest airport and is located in Cancún, Quintana Roo. The airport is also capable of handling millions of passengers per year. The airport features three commercial terminals which can handle both international and domestic flights. The airport features 2 asphalt runways that are in the 12R/30L and 12L/30R direction.
- Cozumel International Airport (CZM): Located on the island of Cozumel, Quintana Roo, the international airport handles both international and national air traffic. The airport features 2 asphalt runways that are in the 11/29 and 05/23 (military-use only) direction as well as a terminal that is equipped with six boarding gates.
- Manuel Crescencio Rejón International Airport (MID): Located in the Mexican city of Mérida, the international airport is one of four airports in the country that has an Area Control Center. It is open 24 hours a day and can handle both international and domestic flights. The airport comes with two asphalt runways that are in the 10/28 and 18/36 direction.
- Corozal Airport (CZH): Also known as Ranchito Airport, the airport is situated in the northern entrance of Corozal. The airport currently serves as a reliable source of travelling for both locals and tourists, and also handles charter flights, air ambulances and Belize Defense Force planes.
- Caye Caulker Airport (CUK): Caye Caulker is regional airport that can provide scheduled airline services. It is situated 1 feet above mean sea level and features a single asphalt runway in the 09/27 direction.
- Orange Walk Airport (ORZ): Currently known as Alfredo Martinez Chan Pine Ridge Airstrip, the airport is less than 2 miles southwest of Orange Walk Town. The airport is situated approximately 112 feet above mean sea level and features a single asphalt runway in the 18/36 direction.
- Isla Mujeres Airport (ISJ): Isla Mujeres is a local airport that handles light air traffic. It is situated approximately 7 feet above mean sea level and features a single and unlit paved runway in the 15/33 direction.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Cancun?