ARGUS International, Inc. is a specialized aviation services company “whose mission is to provide the aviation marketplace with data and information necessary to make informed decisions and manage risk.” One way it does this is through the ARGUS rating system.
ARGUS is an independent rating system for aircraft operators that takes individual histories of the operators into account when assigning grades. All charter services must go through the ARGUS Charter Evaluation and Qualification, or CHEQ, process as it is one of the most respected systems for rating charter operators in the world.
ARGUS CHEQ Reports for Charter Passengers
The ARGUS rating system is straightforward. It uses a wide range of tools in order to come up with the assigned operator ratings including:
- Historical safety ratings
- Current aircraft
- Pilot background checks
- On-site safety audits
Once ARGUS staff have analyzed the data they collected, they will assign safety ratings to the operators.
Charter customers who request the ARGUS CHEQ report are given a complete safety history on the charter operator, the aircraft and flight crew (along with the pilots’ experience and historical safety records).
What are the ARGUS Ratings?
There are a few different ratings ARGUS assigns to aircraft operators and charter services based on the information they have available, including the following:
- Not Rated – This means that ARGUS feels the data they’ve collected is insufficient to render a rating.
- DNQ – DNQ indicates that the operator in question did not meet the qualification standards to earn an ARGUS rating.
- Gold Rating – After an in-depth research process, ARGUS awards their Gold Rating standards to aircraft operators who have exceeded the standards of certain control groups with similar experiences and histories. Essentially a gold rating from ARGUS means that an aircraft operator either meets or exceeds the median safety standards (currently and historically) of operators with similar exposures.
- Gold-Plus Rating – Operators assigned this rating have met the requirements for a gold rating and passed an ARGUS Gold-Plus standards audit within the past 24 months or they are IS-BAO (International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations) Stage 1 registered.
- Platinum Rating – Operators have met gold rating requirements along with the ARGUS audit for Platinum standards within the past 24 months.
Why Consider ARGUS CHEQ Rating?
It is more than a simple history of how the operator does business: it is an indication that the operator in question is a legitimate operator with a safety record. It confirms the experience and training of pilots, along with any certifications the pilots may have as well. It even confirms that the operator does, in fact, have liability insurance. In other words, the report or rating serves as another level of due diligence on behalf of charter passengers and lends legitimacy to the operation altogether.
For some people, flying is a stressful experience, filled with doubt and uncertainty. Private jet charters are a great way to remove some of the nervousness that goes along with flying and getting confirmation of the safety history of a carrier before the flight can add one more degree of comfort to the entire process for flyers.
Presidential Aviation’s Commitment to Safety
Presidential Aviation is proud to be ARGUS Gold rated. We have achieved this status through our non-negotiable commitment to safety at all points.This guiding principle permeates throughout the company and has led us to establish stringent procedures and measures including:
- Having a private jet maintenance department to handle all the maintenance and safety needs of our aircraft.
- Operating an FAA-sanctioned 145 repair station
- Exceeding the strict safety standards set forth by the FAA
- Hiring highly qualified and experienced flight crews that also surpass FAA regulations
- Implementing our own safety program and standards
The result of this rigorous attention to safety is an unblemished safety record.
Private aviation doesn’t have to be a safety risk when you trust your business to a team that pays close attention to safety at every turn. We are here to answer any questions you have about safety.
ARGUS wants you to fly confidently — and so do we. Call us today to book a flight with Presidential Aviation or to ask any questions you have about the safety of our charter jets.