The Turks and Caicos enjoys a thriving tourism industry that sees over 350,000 vacationers annually with cruise ships bringing in more than 600,000 more visitors for excursions.
The local government has turned its focus to bringing in even more visitors – especially during slow seasons. In recent years, this tropical oasis introduced the Turks & Caicos Music and Cultural Festival that lasts a week and brings international recording artists to attract bigger crowds during late summer, which is traditionally a slower travel season.
Another effort to boost tourism is the addition to two new fixed based operators to serve the needs of various flights coming into the islands. For private charter jet passengers this is a big deal because it makes flying into and out of the Turks and Caicos a much more pleasant experience.
Blue Heron Aviation
Facilities at Blue Heron Aviation feature a modern terminal that is 6,800 square feet of space including lounge facilities, office space, and 11 acres of hangar facilities and aircraft parking. Full ground handling and fueling services are available. These are some of the facilities and services available at Blue Heron Aviation.
- Conference rooms
- Crew lounges, showers, and sleeping rooms
- Customs and immigration services available on-site
- Energy efficient
- Fuel system compliance with ATA103 and NFPA407
- Ground handling (up to B757)
- Mid-runway departures
- Outstanding customer service
- Stunning facilities that reflect the beauty of the islands
Scheduling charter flights to and from the Turks and Caicos is so much easier when working with modern facilities such as this.
Provo Air Center
The new FBO at Provo Air Center opened in January of 2015 bringing state of the art comfort to the islands. In addition to unparalleled customer service, Provo Air Center offers a wide range of unique features for an FBO including:
- Children’s lounge to occupy the little ones while waiting on flights or transport to your hotel
- Spacious lounge facilities with sliding walls to create more intimate private lounge areas
- Four tracks for more efficient customs and immigration clearance
- Coffee bar
- Dog park (though you must have proper clearance in the form of a stamped Certificate of Pet Import from the Turks and Caicos Department of Agriculture before being allowed entrance into the Turks and Caicos). Some dog breeds are prohibited from entrance into the Turks and Caicos.
- Pilot Suites (offering flight planning room, lounge, snooze room, and shower facilities).
- Free WiFi throughout as well as USB charging stations for your mobile devices
- Conference facilities
- On-site catering kitchen
- On-site laundry
- Fueling facilities and operations
- 15 acres of ramp space to accommodate planes as large as the Airbus 320, MD80, and the Boeing 777.
- On-site security 24/7
While the FBO facility is new, Provo Air Center has a 15 year history of serving the Turks and Caicos making it an excellent choice for meeting the needs and those of your flight crew when you charter a private jet for your island travels.
Providenciales International Airport
The only airport accommodating international flights on the Turks and Caicos, PLS recently received a $10 million facelift that doubled the size of the terminal building and took nearly two years to complete. This is in addition to the 2011 project which involved a $40 million upgrade to the airside operations of the facility including a major runway extension and the expansion of the aircraft parking apron by 70,000 square meters.
The PLS airport expansion more than doubled parking lot capacity from 125 cars to 300 cars and added new retail areas and public washrooms along with a new Bose PA system and a fully enclosed security checkpoint hall. Lounge seats were expanded to more than 600 seats for departures, and a new upstairs lounge was added, complete with an open air lookout tower for waiting passenger to watch commercial and private jets take off.
Presidential Aviation is pleased to offer flight services to Turks and Caicos Islands. Call us today for all your charter jet scheduling needs for your flight to the Turks and Caicos and any private aviation questions or concerns you may have.