About San Jose, CA
San Jose is the 3rd largest city in California, and the largest city in Northern California. It was originally founded in 1777 and today it has a population of approximately 1 million residents, according to a 2013 census. This city has a subtropical Mediterranean climate with approximately 300 days of sunshine throughout the year.
Thanks to the abundance of companies which specialize in manufacturing microprocessors, computer equipments, and high-tech gadgets, San Jose is often the airport of choice for business travelers visiting the adjacent Silicon Valley. World-famous companies have set up their headquarters in this city which include Adobe, eBay, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, IBM, and many more.
Popular Destinations in San Jose
San Jose features a plethora of interesting attractions. Here are some of the recommended destinations you should visit:
California Theatre: This theatre regularly hosts impressive performances and shows from various organizations such as the Opera San Jose. The theatre was originally built in 1927 and it was heavily renovated in the last decade. It features a large seating capacity of up to 1,125 seats and state-of-the-art audio and visual technologies.
Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum: This museum is inspired by the Temple of Amon and it features an impressive collection of Egyptian artifacts. If you visit San Jose with your kids, don’t forget to add this attraction on your list. The museum is opened daily from 9am to 5pm and here, you get the chance to see authentic mummies and genuine Egyptian art.
Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph: This church was built back in 1876 and it was recently renovated to accept visitors again. It is considered to be the oldest parish in San Jose and today it features excellent acoustics. The church also features a multitude of statues and a painted ceiling which represents saints and holy figures.
Municipal Rose Garden: If you love flowers, make it a point to visit the Municipal Rose Garden. This place features an exquisite collection of roses of all colors. The beautiful smells of freshly bloomed roses will certainly overwhelm you in a good way. There are also many beautiful spots where you can sit, relax, and enjoy the stunning flowers all around you.
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo: If you are traveling with your kids, make sure that you visit the famous Happy Hollow Park and Zoo in San Jose. This zoo was opened in 1961 and it features a multitude of rides and amusement options for kids of all ages. More than 140 species of animals live here, including the cute lemurs or miniature horses. There are many playgrounds for kids as well.
Luxury Lodging in San Jose
In San Jose, you will find many luxurious accommodation options. Here are some of the best hotels in the city:
- Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport
- Cypress, A Kimpton Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose
- Hampton Inn And Suites San Jose
- Hayes Mansion, A Dolce Hotel
- Hilton Santa Clara
- Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
- Hotel De Anza
- Hotel Los Gatos and Spa
- Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
- Residence Inn San Jose South
- San Jose Marriott
- SpringHill Suites San Jose Airport
- Staybridge Suites San Jose
- The Fairmont San Jose
- The Sainte Claire
- TownePlace Suites San Jose Cupertino
Airports In or Nearby San Jose
Seeking a private jet charter to San Jose, California? San Jose is served by numerous airports. Here is a short list of airports from where you can book a private jet flight to and from San Jose:
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC): This airport is located 2 miles from downtown San Jose. In 2011, the airport was used by nearly 8.3 million passengers and it currently features 3 asphalt/concrete runways. All its terminals offer free Wi-Fi connectivity and this airport was originally built in 1939.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO): This is an international airport located 36 miles way from San Jose. It is a major gateway towards various destinations in Europe and Asia. In 2013, this airport was the 7th busiest in the United States and in 2014 it was used by nearly 47 million passengers. The airport features 4 asphalt paved runways and it was originally opened in 1927.
- Oakland International Airport (OAK): This airport is situated 5 miles from downtown Oakland, California, and is 36 miles away from San Jose. In 2011, this airport was used by nearly 9.3 million passengers and it currently features 4 asphalt paved runways. The construction of the airport started back in 1925 and it currently stretches over an area of 2,600 acres.
- Reid-Hillview Airport (RHV): This airport is located just 6 miles away from San Jose’s CBD. It is owned by Santa Clara County and mainly serves general aviation needs. It has 2 asphalt runways. This airport is also a favorite with many private air charter companies for their clients to access San Jose due to the close proximity.
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport (SCK): This airport is located 3 miles from the city of Stockton and it is mainly used for general aviation purposes. It features 2 asphalt paved runways and 1 concrete helipad. The airport was originally built in the 1940s and it was recently renovated to accommodate more passengers. It stretches over an area of almost 1,500 acres.
- Palo Alto Airport (PAO): Situated in the Santa Clara County which is 18 miles away from San Jose, this airport is a general aviation airport in Palo Alto. It covers over 102 acres of land, and has 1 asphalt runway.
- Monterey Regional Airport (MRY): This airport is situated 3 miles from the city of Monterey in California. It was inaugurated in 1936 and it currently features 2 asphalt paved runways. It is mainly used for general aviation purposes.
- Charles M. Schulz-Sonoma County Airport (STS): This airport is located just 7 miles from the city of Santa Rosa which is 108 miles away from San Jose. It was built back in the 1930s and it currently features 2 asphalt paved runways.
- Merced Regional Airport (MCE): This airport is located 2 miles from the city of Merced in California and it is used mainly for general aviation purposes. It is 116 miles away from San Jose. It was originally opened in 1932 and it currently features 1 asphalt paved runway. The airport also covers an area of approximately 766 acres and in 2013, it had 62,800 aircraft operations.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF): This airport is located just 10 miles from downtown Sacramento in California and it features 2 asphalt/concrete runways. It is 122 miles away from San Jose. In 2014, this airport was used by approximately 9 million passengers. The airport was originally built in 1967 and today it covers nearly 6,000 acres of land.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to San Jose?