About Jersey City, NJ
Jersey City is the 2nd most populous city in the state of New Jersey, and the largest city in the Hudson County. It has a population of approximately 250,000 residents, according to a 2010 census. Jersey City features the Hudson River on its east border, and it is also home to a handful of important shopping districts such as Danforth, West Side Avenues, and Journal Square. Companies such as Verisk Analytics and Lord Abbett have headquarters in Jersey City. In 2014, the development plans for a casino in Jersey City have been endorsed by the Mayor, Steve Fulop, paving the way for Jersey City to stay competitive in the tourism sector.
Popular Destinations in Jersey City
Jersey City features many points of interest that can thrill any traveler in this charming city. Here are a few attractions you shouldn’t miss:
Liberty State Park: This is a famous park in New Jersey where you can relax and admire the surroundings. Visitors of the Liberty State Park can jog, bike, have a picnic or just walk while enjoying the natural landscapes. This park also allows you to see stunning views of Manhattan and it is open from 6am to 10pm.
Pole Position Raceway: If you are in the mood for a race and you want to test your driving skills, visit the Pole Position Raceway. This is an indoor karting facility which stretches over 80,000 square feet and features 2 tracks. The electric karts are capable of reaching speeds up to 45mph and there are specially-designed karts for kids as well. This entertainment facility is perfect for group races, corporate events or family days out.
Liberty Science Center: If you are traveling with your kids, you should visit the Liberty Science Center. This place features a giant IMAX theatre and a Tesla Lighting show. The kids can also enjoy a multitude of 3D movies and interactive activities. Other attractions include exhibits like the Skyscraper, Infinity Climber, and Beyond the Rubik Cube.
Historic Jersey City & Harsimus Cemetery: This place is open from 8am to 6pm, and it offers you the chance to explore hundreds of years of Jersey City’s history and culture. Here, you can explore an underground war bunker from 1812 as well as admire stunning natural landscapes and wildlife.
Lowe’s Jersey Theatre: This is an old theatre which was built back in 1929 and it has been recently renovated as a mega live entertainment venue with a movie palace style theatre. Here, you can enjoy live performances, shows and events. You also have the chance to join a tour of the orchestra section and the stage. Lowe’s Jersey Theatre has been marked as a New Jersey Registered Historic Site since 2009.
Luxury Lodging in Jersey City
Jersey City offers many accommodation options that can make your stay a comfortable one. Here are some of the best hotels in this region:
- Candlewood Suites Jersey City
- Club Quarters World Trade Center
- Courtyard Jersey City Newport
- Hyatt Regency Jersey City
- Luxy on The Hudson
- Millennium Hilton
- NYC-JC Guest Suites
- New York Marriott Downtown
- Newport Tower Suites
- Pelican Stay America Suites Skyline View
- Ramada Jersey City
- Sky City at Liberty View
- The Heldrich Hotel and Conference Center
- The Holland Hotel
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport
- W Hoboken
- W New York — Downtown
Airports In or Nearby Jersey City
Interested in renting a private airplane to Jersey City, New Jersey? If you want to book a private jet charter to and from Jersey City, here are several important airports which serve this city and its surroundings:
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR): Established in 1928, this airport was formerly known as Newark Metropolitan Airport and it is situated near Newark, 8 miles away from Jersey City. In 2014, this airport was utilized by nearly 35.6 million passengers, making it one of the busiest airports in the United States. It currently features 3 asphalt/concrete runways and 1 concrete helipad.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB): This airport is located 11 miles away from Jersey City and it covers an area of 830 acres. It is mainly used for general aviation purposes, it was originally opened in 1919, and today, it is a hot favorite with many private charter companies which fly worldwide. The airport also features 2 asphalt paved runways.
- Linden Airport (LDJ): Located 15 miles away from Jersey City, this airport is also known as Linden Municipal Airport. It is categorized as a general aviation reliever airport, with 99% of its operations being general aviation. It is also the only non-towered airport in the region.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA): This airport was built in 1929 and in 2011 it was used by nearly 24 million passengers. The airport is mainly used for general aviation purposes, and it has 2 asphalt/concrete runways, and 2 helipads. LaGuardia Airport is situated 16 miles away from Jersey City.
- Morristown Municipal Airport (MMU): This airport is situated just 3 miles from the central business district of Morristown, which is 24 miles away from Jersey City. The airport covers an area of 625 acres, and it features 2 asphalt paved runways.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): This international airport is utilized by more than 70 airlines. It is situated 25 miles away from Jersey City and 12 miles from lower Manhattan. In 2014, this airport handled more than 53 million passengers, making it one of the busiest airports in America. The airport features 4 asphalt/concrete runways and 4 asphalt paved helipads.
- Westchester County Airport (HPN): This airport served approximately 1 million passengers per year and it is situated just 3 miles from the central business district of White Plains, a city in New York. It is 43 miles away from Jersey City. The airport is used by 6 commercial airlines and it features 2 asphalt paved runways.
- Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN): This is a joint civil-military use airport located 4 miles from the city of Trenton in New Jersey, 58 miles way from Jersey City. In 2014, more than 325,000 passengers used this airport. The airport features 2 asphalt paved runways, 3 asphalt helipads, and 1 terminal with 2 gates. This airport was first established in 1929 and it was formerly known as the Mercer County Airport.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Jersey City?