About Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas is located at the southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula. It is highly rated as a tourist destination in Mexico, and is known for its excellent scuba diving locations, alluring beaches, marine life, and balnearios. Commonly known as Cabo, this city is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including sharks, rays, eagles and fishes like strip marlin and mahi mahi. Being a prominent spa and vacation destination, Cabo is a retreat haven for many Hollywood stars and Fortune 500 CEOs.
Popular Destinations in Cabo San Lucas
As a prime tourist destination, Cabo is very popular among tourists from all over the world. Here are some of the top spots to explore:
Land’s End: Also known as El Arco, it is located at the southern end of the city and is sandwiched between Playa del Divorcio and Playa del Amor. These beautiful and unique rock formations were formed over thousands of years from the rough seas and winds of the southern Baja Peninsula. Land’s End is especially perfect for couples looking for a romantic spot to catch a sunset in action.
Chileno Beach: Chileno Beach is located approximately 9 miles northeast of the city along the Corridor Highway. The beach’s calm and shallow waters make it a top destination for snorkeling enthusiasts. The beach has impressive snorkeling conditions and houses a variety of colorful fishes. Other reasons why travelers love the beach includes its cream-colored shore and its tranquility.
Luxury Avenue: This premier boutique mall is situated on the Cabo San Lucas Marina. Being the city’s most exclusive shopping center, visitors can expect a wide variety of high-end merchandise available. Famous brands that are housed here include Salvatore Ferragamo, Fendi, Cartier and Chopard.
Cabo Del Sol Ocean Course: This is a world-renowned golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus. It stretches for more than a mile along sun-washed shores and a coastline of rock outcroppings. The course is designed with a championship layout, and is ranked among The 500 Best Holes in the World.
Luxury Lodging in Cabo San Lucas
There are many luxury resorts and hotels in Cabo that travelers can choose from, including:
- Cabo Azul Resort
- Cabo Surf Hotel
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
- Esperanza, An Auberge Resort
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
- Grand Solmar Land’s End Resort & Spa
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
- Hotel El Ganzo
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
- Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort
- One&Only Palmilla, Los Cabos
- Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos
- Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
- The Grand Mayan, Los Cabos
- Villa del Arco Los Cabos Beach Resort
- Villa La Estancia, Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar
- Zoëtry Casa del Mar Los Cabos
Airports In or Nearby Cabo San Lucas
Airports in and around Cabo San Lucas are limited but many are able to facilitate both private and commercial flights. Here are some of the airports to consider:
- Los Cabos International Airport (SJD): This is Mexico’s 7th busiest airport which serves both Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo. The airport has three terminals and four concourses. Terminal 1 is widely used as it operates both international and domestic flights. The airport has one asphalt runway that is designated in the 16/34 direction.
- Loreto International Airport (LTO): This international airport handles both international and domestic air traffic for the city of Loreto. It is operated by Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares, a federal government-owned corporation. The airport is capable of handling bigger aircrafts such as Airbus A320 and Boeing 737. Last year, it handled more than 55,000 passengers. The airport is built with one asphalt runway designated in the 16/34 direction.
- General Rafael Buelna International Airport (MZT): Also known as Mazatlán International Airport, it is a key airport in Sinaloa that facilitates international flight operations. The airport has one terminal, two concourses, and has handled more than 780,000 passengers last year. The airport has one asphalt runway designated in the 08/26 direction.
- Manuel Márquez de León International Airport (LAP): Located in La Paz, the international airport handles most of the domestic and international air traffic for the city. One of the busiest domestic routes at the airport is to Distrito Federal, Mexico City. It has one concrete runway designated in the 18/36 direction.
- Cabo San Lucas International Airport (CSL): Located less than five miles northwest of Cabo San Lucas, the small international airfield provides air taxi service, and has an enlarged asphalt runway. The airport is equipped with upgraded air traffic control equipment, lighting, control tower, and PAPI visual aids.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Cabo San Lucas?