About Bath, United Kingdom
Located 97 miles west of London, Bath is a city in the ceremonial county of Somerset, England. Bath has a population of over 88,000 residents, and its weather is generally milder and wetter than the rest of the country due to its temperate climate. Tourism is the city’s principal industry, and Bath is immensely popular for its heritage and culture, such as the many curative Roman-built baths that exist till today.
Popular Destinations in Bath
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Bath? The city of Bath features many points of interest that can thrill its visitors. Here are a few attractions you can look into:
Thermae Bath Spa: This is an award-winning natural spa that lies in the heart of the city. Visitors can bath in mineral-rich, naturally warm waters – just like how the Roman and Celts did two millenniums ago. Whether it is day or night, visitors will be able to relax in the open-air rooftop pool while enjoying the scenic views of the city of Bath.
Bath’s Georgian Roots and Royal Crescent: The Building of Bath Collection is a perfect place to start exploring preserved Georgian architecture. The unique museum is home to a brilliant architectural model of the historic city center. Visitors can also explore the city’s splendid streetscapes at Gay Street, Royal Circus and Queen Square.
Pulteney Bridge: This is one of those bridges in the city that still have its building structure intact. The Pulteney Bridge was constructed in 1770 and was considered as one of the most romantic bridges in the world. The bridge not only supports a range of quaint little shops but also acts as a gateway to Great Pulteney Street that features gorgeous Georgian-era homes.
Fashion Museum: The Fashion Museum contains a vast collection of historical and contemporary clothing from the 16th century to the present day.
Bath International Music Festival:The Bath International Music Festival is attended by music lovers visiting the city of Bath in late May to early June. It is one of Europe’s most diverse music festivals that feature awesome events such as jazz performances, orchestral concerts, and operas. These events range from classical music to contemporary and modern works.
Prior Park Landscape Garden: Prior Park is situated two miles southeast of the city. The garden has an outstanding colonnaded portico that is built between the 1730s and 1750s. The structure was designed by John Wood, a renowned architect. It serves as a superb example of Palladian style mansions that were built during that period. Visitors can also visit the enchanting Palladian Bridge, which is located on tastefully landscaped grounds.
Luxury Lodging in Bath
- Apsley House Hotel
- Brittons Farm Estate
- Halcyon Apartments
- Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
- The Ayrlington
- The Bath Priory Hotel and Spa
- The Gainsborough Bath Spa Hotel
- The Royal Crescent
- The Windsor Guest House
- Villa Magdala City Centre
Restaurants in Bath
1 Michelin star:
- Bath Priory:
Weston Rd, BA1 2XT Bath
- The Park:
SN14 8AZ Chippenham
SN14 7HR Castle Combe
- Pony & Trap:
Knowle Hill, New Town, BS40 8TQ Chew Magna
1 Chandos Rd, BS6 6PG Bristol
Airports In or Nearby Bath For Private Jets
Seeking a private aircraft charter to Bath, United Kingdom? Choosing airports that are nearby to the city of Bath will help you get to your destination faster. Here are some of the airports to consider:
- Bristol Airport (BRS): Located 19 miles away from the city of Bath, the airport has a single runway in the 09/27 direction and is paved with asphalt. Bristol Airport also has a general aviation center which is currently situated next to the control tower. The center’s terminal has managed to double in size since 2012 to accommodate the number of users.
- Gloucestershire Airport (GLO): Gloucestershire Airport is opened for both public and military use. It has four runways; three are paved with asphalt and one has a grass surface. The airport is also known as Gloucestershire’s largest general aviation airfield, and is used often to facilitate private charter flights. This airport is situated 52 miles away from Bath.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL): Cardiff Airport, which is located 71 miles away from Bath, is an international airport owned by the Welsh Government. It has a single asphalt runway in the 12/30 direction. Other than offering international scheduled flights, the airport also supports general aviation.
- Bournemouth Airport (BOH): Since beginning commercial services in the late 1950s, it has a single runway that’s paved with asphalt in the 08/26 direction. Bournemouth Airport is situated in an excellent geographic location and also provides great general aviation facilities that come with modern navigation aids and radar equipment.
- Southampton Airport (SOU): Ranked as the 18th busiest airport in United Kingdom, Southampton Airport is open for public use. It has a single runway that’s paved with asphalt in the 02/20 direction. The airport also caters to general aviation flights and allows private aircraft to park in marked stands.
- Cotswold Airport (EGBP): Located near the village of Kemble, Cotswold is a private general aviation airport. The airport has three runways; two are asphalt (08/26) and grass (08/26), and the third one is a tarmac runway which can accommodate large aircraft such as the Boeing 747.
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR): London Heathrow Airport is a major international airport that can also accommodate business and private jets. Located about 100 miles away from Bath, it has five passenger terminals and two runways both with grooved asphalt surfaces. Based on total passenger traffic, it is the world’s third busiest airport.
- Yeovil Aerodrome (EGHG): Operated by AgustaWestland, Yeovil Aerodrome is a private airport that is open for public use and can facilitate passenger flights. The airport has a soft, single runway (grass) in the 09/27 direction. It is also known as the Yeovil/Westland Airport.
- Birmingham Airport (BHX): Birmingham Airport is an international airport that is located 6.3 miles southeast of Birmingham city center. The airport has a single asphalt-paved runway that is built in the 15/33 direction. Just last year, the airport served a record 9.7 million passengers which makes it UK’s seventh busiest airport.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Bath?