The Grammy Awards, presented by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences is music’s biggest night each year and a Grammy private jet charter flight lets you arrive in style. The Grammy tradition is one that dates back to 1959. Then referred to as the Gramophone Awards, the honor has been bestowed upon domestic and international performing artists every year since.
About the 2016 Grammy’s
The 2016 Grammy’s will be held at Staples Center in Los Angeles on February 15 with LL Cool J serving as host for the event. This year represents the 58th Grammy Awards celebration and it represents the fifth time LL Cool J has served as the master of ceremonies for this momentous event.
Some of the 2016 Grammy nominees include:
- Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars for “Uptown Funk” in two categories: Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
- Taylor Swift for “Blank Space” in three categories: Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year
- Maroon 5 for “Sugar” in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category
- Chris Stapleton for “Traveller” in two categories: Album of the Year and Best Country Solo Performance
- Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth for “See You Again” in two categories: Song of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
- Kendrick Lamar for “Alright” in two categories: Album of the Year and Song of the Year (Lamar has 11 nominations overall – the most of any other recording artists this year and one shy of the nomination record set by Michael Jackson who received 12 nominations in 1984)
Scheduling a private charter get allows you to arrive on your own timetable without worries over luggage getting lost in transition. This means you know you will have your party clothes upon arrival.
Staples Center is the venue for the Grammy’s and well accustomed to accommodating large crowds for LA Clippers (NBA), LA Kings (NHL), Los Angeles Sparks (WNBA), and Los Angeles Lakers (NBA) games along with various concerts and events throughout the year.
Recording Industry Professionals and Nominees
If you do not live and work in the LA area, you can charter a jet to the Grammy’s for a luxurious way to arrive for the ceremonies in true style. You also have the option to gather other industry professionals to share the private charter jet costs, making it an affordable alternative to flying by commercial airlines.
Airports Serving the LA Area
Private jet charters offer passengers the luxury of choice when it comes to airports for your flight. In the LA area, there are several different airports to consider, including all of these.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – Serves as a major hub for travel to and from LA. For private flights, however, LAX is only open for international flights and does not service domestic private flights.
Van Nuys Airport (VNY) – Offers a popular landing space for private jet charter flights and is especially popular among celebrities. It services domestic private flights, but not international flights.
Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR) – Located only three miles from Burbank’s central business district, this airport is located closest to the heart of Hollywood and a favored landing and departure location for studio execs.
Other area airports worth considering to avoid crowds and possible congestion include:
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Santa Monica Airport (SMO)
- San Gabriel Valley Airport (EMT)
Resources for the 58th Grammy Awards
Presidential Aviation is pleased to offer private charter jet flights to the 2016 Grammy’s. Contact Presidential Aviation today to schedule your private jet charter flight to the Grammy’s and any other destination you have in mind. We will help you get the right private charter jet for your flight to the Grammy’s and beyond.