About Umm Al Qaiwain, UAE
Of the seven sovereign emirates in the United Arab Emirates, the least populous is Umm Al Qaiwain. The metro area covers 292 square miles with a population in excess of 72,000 individuals. Desert temperatures normally reach 81°F during the day and at night, drop to 59°. On particularly hot days, however, desert temperatures can reach a stifling 104° with surprisingly high humidity in the summer. Traditional Arab culture centers around the religion of Islam, and Umm Al Qaiwan is no exception. Visitors will see the influence of Arab and Islamic culture through the local lifestyle, cuisine, attire, music, and architecture here.
Popular Destinations in Umm Al Qaiwain
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Umm Al Qaiwain? Here is a list of popular attractions found in Umm Al Qaiwain:
Umm Al Qaiwain Museum: Located inside an old Arab house, this museum offers a personal look at old-school Arab abodes. Jewelry, coins, stamps, weapons, and other archaeological artifacts are all on display in the throughout the store, kitchen, and Sheikh’s bedroom. Out in the garden, visitors will see an old dhow and a traditional well.
Dreamland Aqua Park: On a hot summer’s day, Dreamland Aqua Park must be the most popular place in all of Umm Al Qaiwain. It is one of the Middle East’s largest water parks, and in it visitors can float naturally in the “Dead Sea Pool”, which is inspired by the actual Dead Sea. Adventures include riding at high speeds through tunnels on the “Dragons”, or swirling around on the “Twister”. Dreamland has been open since 1997, and maintains safety as one of its primary features. Lifeguards populate the pools, but not to worry; there is no policing when it comes to the large cocktails served for the adults.
Flamingo Resort:The Flamingo Resort is a great place for group activities. Boat rentals can carry up to 20 people at one time, and are great for sightseeing adventures. While on the boats, sea turtles and flamingos are among the many sights to take in. Amateur crab-fishers can take courses on how to catch and hunt them, and then reap the benefits by dining on the crabs for dinner.
Dhow-Building Yard: The dhows are for old-school manufacturing, and that is exactly what happens at the Dhow-Building Yard. Skilled craftsmen build and sculpt the dhows, and the guides provide explanations and tours around the forts. Those interested in art will appreciate the incredibly detailed plaster sculptures scattered throughout the area.
Emirates Motorplex: All kinds of racing take place on the five tracks of the Emirates Motorplex. Endurance race cars, motocross, drag cars, and quad bikes are a few activities that occur here. Visitors can register to either participate or merely watch the events.
UAQ Aero Club: The UAQ Aero Club is the only place to skydive in the entire Middle East. In addition to skydiving, para-motoring, hot air ballooning, and parachuting championships take place here on a regular basis. Additionally, for avid aerobatics, gliders, cessnas, and micro-lights are available.
Palma Bowling: Video games, an arcade, and bowling all take place under one roof here at Palma Bowling. The video game arena is divided into a kids section and an adult area, and there are refreshments and restaurants available as well.
Luxury Lodging in Umm al Qaiwain
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Umm al Qaiwain? Umm al Qaiwain has a number of luxurious places to stay, including:
- Banyan Tree al Wadi
- Rixos Bab Al Bahr
- Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
Airports In or Nearby Umm al Qaiwain For Private Jets
Umm al Qaiwain has excellent aviation infrastructure, and many nearby airports that travelers can use, including:
- Sharjah International Airport (SHJ) : This airport is located 15 miles away from Umm Al Qaiwain. It is considered to be the most convenient airport to get to Umm Al Qaiwain. It is a military/public airport located at an elevation of 115 feet above sea level and has a single 13,000-feet asphalt runway. It handles more than 9 million passengers annually and has more than 70,000 aircraft movements a year.
- Ras Al Khaimah International Airport (RKT) : Located 24 miles away from Umm Al Qaiwain, it is in the sheikhdom of Ras al Khamaih and is located at an elevation of 94 feet above sea level. The Air Arabia hub has a single asphalt runway measuring 12,000 feet in length and accommodates both commercial and private air traffic.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) : This popular airport is the world’s busiest airport by passenger numbers. It is located at an elevation of 62 feet above sea level and is a hub for most major Asian commercial airlines including Emirates. Dubai International Airport has two asphalt runways measuring 13,000 feet and 14,000 feet in length. It has more than 400,000 aircraft movements annually. It is located 25 miles away from Umm Al Qaiwain.
- Fujairah International Airport (FJR): It was inaugurated in 1987 and located at an elevation of 153 feet above sea level. It can handle up to 2 million passengers a year and has an aircraft recycling facility. It is situated 55 miles away from Umm Al Qaiwain. Fujairah Airport has a single asphalt runway measuring 12,000 feet in length.
- Al Ain International Airport (AAN): Situated 90 miles away from Umm Al Qaiwain, this international airport serves both commercial and private air traffic. It is located in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. It was opened in 1994 and sits at an elevation of 866 feet above sea level. The airport has a single 13,000-feet asphalt runway.
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH): The second largest airport in the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi International Airlines is located 95 miles away from Umm Al Qaiwain. It is located at an altitude of 88 feet above sea level and has two asphalt runways, each measuring 13,000 feet in length.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Umm Al Qaiwain?