About Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo is the largest city in the Dominican Republic. The city is known as Dominican Republic’s industrial, commercial, political, financial and cultural center. The city has a tropical climate without the heat or humidity one would expect. Most of the country’s wealth is concentrated here and numerous international franchises and firms such as IKEA set up bases here to take advantage of the economical stability the city provides.
Popular Destinations in Santo Domingo
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Santo Domingo? Located in the Caribbean Sea, Santo Domingo is home to a number of historic sites and is said to be nocturnally significant as well. Here are some of the top destinations:
Eastern National Park: Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the national park is a prime habitat for many species of animals and plants. Surrounded by an immense coral reef system, the park has a wealth of biodiversity. At this destination, visitors can spot pre-Columbian art in the caves or choose to relax at the park’s remote beaches.
Playa Dorada: Located just minutes away from Puerto Plata, this is one of Dominican Republic’s renowned beach destinations. An impressive resort complex is nestled on the picturesque stretch of replenished beach that is filled with coconut palms and deck chairs for the ultimate relaxation experience. As this is the country’s top tourist destination, there are plenty of amenities which include the Robert Trent Jones golf course and a plethora of restaurants.
Punta Cana: Located on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana is a highly popular destination which is home to acclaimed beaches and golf courses. Apart from being a popular surfing spot, the cool waters of Hoyo Azul Lagoon attract tourists from around the world.
Alcazar de Colon: The 16th century Viceregal Palace was once home to Diego Colón (Christopher Columbus’ son) and it houses an impressive collection of Renaissance and late Medieval art. The building itself is a work of art and its balconies offer breathtaking views.
La Romana: Located on the southeast coast of the country, La Romana is home to a luxurious Casa de Campo Resort and a unique, charming replica of a 16th century artisans’ village called Altos de Chavón. Known as a golfer’s paradise, the location houses a top golf course called Teeth of the Dog.
Jarabacoa: Considered to be a rising eco-tourism destination, Jarabacoa offers a beautiful landscape comprising of waterfalls, rivers, sweeping pine forests and some of the Caribbean’s highest peaks. The destination has a milder alpine climate and is ideal for outdoor activities such as rock climbing.
Catedral Primada de America: Also known as Catedral Santa María La Menor, this is the first cathedral of the Americas and it is a coral-limestone building that possesses a magnificent interior and exterior. The remarkable landmark has been noted as one of the most beautiful places where many visitors can sense the presence of God.
Luxury Lodgings in Santo Domingo
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Santo Domingo? Santo Domingo offers a luxurious array of hotels for you to choose from. Here are some of the examples:
- Balcones del Atlantico
- Billini Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo
- Hilton Santo Domingo
- Hostal Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo
- Hotel Coral Costa Caribe Juan Dolio
- Hotel Frances Santo Domingo
- JW Marriott Hotel Santo Domingo
- Occidental El Embajador
- Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino
- Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel
- Xeliter Marbella
Airports In Or Nearby Santo Domingo For Private Jets
Interested in a private jet charter to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic? Airports in and near Santo Domingo are capable of handling a variety of aircraft operations. If you are looking for an airport that caters to both private and commercial flights, here are some of the best recommendations:
- La Isabela International Airport (JBQ): Located less than 10 miles away from Santo Domingo, La Isabela International Airport handles both international and domestic flights. It has an elevation of 30 feet above mean sea level and a single asphalt runway in the 01/19 direction as well as one asphalt helipad.
- Las Américas International Airport (SDQ): Located 24 miles from Santo Domingo, the international airport has 2 terminals and over 20 gates. The airport has an elevation of nearly 60 feet above mean sea level and a single asphalt runway in the 17/35 direction.
- San Isidro Air Base (MDSI): Also known as Base Aérea de San Isidro, the airport is military-owned and is operated by the Dominican Air Force. It is located 15 miles east of Santo Domingo and has single asphalt-concrete runway in the 03/21 direction.
- La Romana International Airport (LRM): Located 68 miles from Santo Domingo, the airport has one terminal consisting of 4 modern gates. It has facilities that cater to private flights and a single asphalt-concrete runway in the 11/29 direction.
- Samaná El Catey International Airport (AZS): Located 83 miles from Santo Domingo and 5 miles west of Sánchez, the airport is open for public use and is operated by Aerodom. It sits at an elevation of 12 feet and a single asphalt runway in the 07/25 direction.
- Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP): Located approximately 147 miles from Santo Domingo, the airport is open for both public and military use. It is currently operated by Aeropuertos Dominicanos Siglo XXI S.A. The airport one main terminal building with 10 gates as well as a single asphalt runway designated in the 08/26 direction.
- Constanza Airport (COZ): Located approximately 86 miles away from Santo Domingo, the airport is government-owned and is open for public use. It serves domestic flights with its single asphalt runway (08/26). The airport stands at an elevation of 3,391 feet above mean sea level.
- Cabo Rojo Airport (CBJ): Located approximately 186 miles from Santo Domingo, the airport has a single asphalt runway in the 12/30 direction and sits at an elevation of 262 feet above mean sea level. The airport facilitates mostly domestic flights.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Santo Domingo?