About San Antonio, TX
Nicknamed the “Countdown City”, San Antonio is the seventh most populous city in the United States, with a population of approximately 1.4 million residents. San Antonio is also one of the most visited cities in the U.S., accommodating approximately 26 million tourists every year. Tourists are attracted by the many entertainment options this city provides such as the Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Sea World parks, as well as the hugely popular events such as San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo. This amazing city is also known for producing massive amounts of beer, petroleum, and cattle.
Popular Destinations in San Antonio
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in San Antonio? If you are visiting “every Texan’s favorite city” as San Antonio is affectionately known as, here are some of the top attractions available for you to experience:
San Antonio River Walk: Here, you will find plenty of shopping malls, attractive boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops.
San Antonio Western Shooting: San Antonio Western Shooting enables visitors to fire real guns with real bullets in a safe, controlled environment. The instructors here will provide you with all the instructions and equipment you need. Reservations are accepted.
Majestic Theatre: This movie theatre was built in 1929, and it features a beautiful domed ceiling which is painted with stars and clouds. It has been recently renovated and it currently provides top quality acoustics and plenty of space for your legs. You can also buy drinks, and take them back with you to your seats.
San Antonio Missions National Historical Park: This is a national park which contains four missions from the 18th century, and it stretches over nine miles. If you visit this historical park, you get the chance to experience how people lived several centuries ago, and learn more about the Catholic Church as well as the Spanish government.
Natural Bridge Caverns: Embark on a guided tour through the largest underground attraction in Texas. This famous place allows you to explore large underground chambers in order to see impressive formations, minerals and rocks. There is also a Canopy Challenge that allows you to test your abilities on more than 40 obstacles.
Luxury Lodging in San Antonio
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in San Antonio? Thanks to the fact that San Antonio is a key tourist destination in Texas, you can find plenty of luxurious hotels here. Some of the swankiest hotels you can stay at include:
- Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio
- Hilton Palacio del Rio
- Hotel Contessa
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
- La Cantera Hill Country Resort
- Marriott Plaza San Antonio
- Mokara Hotel & Spa
- Omni La Mansion del Rio
- Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade
- San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
- Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio
- The Fairmount
- The Westin Riverwalk
Airports In or Nearby San Antonio For Private Jets
Interested in renting a private airplane to San Antonio, Texas? Flying to and from San Antonio in great luxury and comfort is something you can do today with our excellent private jet charter services. Here’s a look at some of the airports you can utilize:
- San Antonio International Airport (SAT): This airport serves the Greater San Antonio area and it is located in Uptown San Antonio, approximately eight miles north of Downtown San Antonio. It covers approximately 2,600 acres, and it has three asphalt/concrete runways. San Antonio International Airport was founded in 1941, and in 2014 it was utilized by almost 8.3 million passengers.
- Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS): This airport is located in Austin, Texas, approximately five miles southeast of Downtown Austin and it serves the Greater Austin metropolitan area. It covers approximately 4,200 acres, it has two concrete runways, and three concrete helipads. In 2014, this airport served approximately 10.7 million passengers, making it the 36th busiest airports in the U.S.
- Stinson Municipal Airport (SSF): Located just six miles south of Downtown San Antonio, this airport was established in 1915 and it currently stretches over 360 acres of land. It also has two asphalt paved runways.
- South Texas Regional Airport at Hondo (HDO): This airport is located two miles northwest of the central business district of Hondo, a town in Medina County, Texas and it was formerly known as Hondo Municipal Airport. This airport was established in 1942, and it is currently used for general aviation purposes. It covers an area of 3,500 acres and it has four asphalt/concrete runways.
- Victoria Regional Airport (VCT): Located just six miles northeast of the central business district of Victoria in Victoria County, this airport is a joint civil-military use airport that also serves a commercial airline. It stretches over 1,770 acres of land, as well as has four runways and one helipad.
- Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP): This airport is located just six miles of Corpus Christi’s CBD in Nueces County, Texas. It stretches over an area of approximately 2,500 acres, and it has two asphalt paved runways. This airport also has a total of six gates and five jetways.
- Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK): Situated seven miles southwest of the central business district of Killeen, a city in Texas, this airport is a civil-military use airport with one runway, and it also operates alongside the Robert Gray Army Airfield Airport.
- Laredo International Airport (LRD): This airport is located approximately three miles northeast of the central business district of Laredo, a town in Webb County, Texas. Although it is mainly used for general aviation purposes, this airport is also served by three commercial airlines. In 2013, this airport served almost 100,000 passengers. Today, it features three asphalt and concrete runways, and it stretches over an area of approximately 1,800 acres.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to San Antonio?