About Palm Springs, CA
The desert resort city of Palm Springs is located approximately 107 miles east of Los Angeles, within the Coachella Valley. It is a widespread city that stretches over an area of almost 100 square miles. The original name of this city was “Agua Caliente”, which means hot water in Spanish. Some major forms of recreation in Palm Springs include horseback riding, swimming, biking, and golf, as well as tennis. Palm Springs is an ideal place for people who love sun and warm weather, as there are more than 300 days of sunshine a year in the city. Private jets frequently carry leisure travelers seeking relaxation in a luxury environment, as well as business fliers attending any of the numerous conventions and festivals held in the area.
Popular Destinations in Palm Springs
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Palm Springs? This city is visited by many visitors every year because it offers great weather, plenty of entertainment options, and attractions such as the following ones:
Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway “climbs” over 8,000 towards the San Jacinto Mountains in approximately 15 minutes or less. During your journey, you can enjoy the invigorating intake of fresh air, and appreciate spectacular views of the natural surroundings.
Palm Springs Air Museum: This museum has been rated by the CNN as one of the most important air museums in the world. Here, you can admire legendary fighters and bombers, which were used during the World War II. You can even enter the cockpit, and have a pilot-like experience here.
Palm Springs Art Museum: Located in Downtown Palm Springs, this museum allows you to view impressive art exhibitions gathered from artists all over the world. The museum’s collection includes modern and contemporary works, as well as several exhibitions which are available temporarily during the year.
Indian Canyons: Through a guided excursion exploring Indian Canyons, you get the chance to see stunning flora and fauna. The canyons are located minutes from downtown, yet represent undisturbed natural beauty.
Smoke Tree Stables: This popular destination in Palm Springs allows you to enjoy a horseback trail ride throughout breathtaking scenery. Your tour will be led by a cowboy who will tell you more about the culture, and history of the places you are seeing.
Luxury Lodging in Palm Springs
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Palm Springs? When it comes to accommodations, Palm Springs offers you a wide selection of luxurious and comfortable hotels to stay during your vacation.
- Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
- Colony Palms Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
- Hyatt Palm Springs
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
- Ingleside Inn
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Miramonte Resort & Spa, A Destination Resort
- Parker Palm Springs
- Riviera Palm Springs, A Noble House Resort
- The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
- The Saguaro Palm Springs, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
- The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert
- The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
- Viceroy Palm Springs
Airports In or Nearby Palm Springs For Private Jets
Interested in a private aircraft charter to Palm Springs, California? Palm Springs is served by a multitude of airports which allow you to hire a private charter to and from this beautiful city. Here are a few airports you can use to access Palm Springs:
- Palm Springs International Airport (PSP): Located just two miles east of Downtown Palm Springs, this airport covers approximately 940 acres, and it features two asphalt- paved runways. It has also been named “America’s Most Stress-Free Airport” by the Smart Traveler Magazine, and most flight operations here take place during the winter.
- LA/Ontario International Airport (ONT): This airport is located just 2 miles east of Downtown Ontario, a town in San Bernardino County, CA and approximately 38 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles. It has three terminals, two concrete runways, it stretches over 1,700 acres of land, and in 2014 it was utilized by approximately 4.1 million passengers.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA): This airport is located in Orange County, California and it was used by approximately 9.2 million passengers in 2013. It also covers almost 500 acres and it features 2 asphalt-paved runways. John Wayne Airport also has three terminals which offer complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Banning Municipal Airport (BNG): This relatively small airport is used mainly for general aviation purposes, and it is situated a mile southeast of Banning, a city in Riverside County, CA. It stretches over 141 acres, and has one asphalt-paved runway.
- Bermuda Dunes Airport (UDD): Situated 15 miles east of the central business district of Palm Springs, this airport is used for general aviation purposes, and it is home of Desert West Aviation which is a flight school. The airport covers approximately 100 acres of land, and has one asphalt-paved runway.
- Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport (TRM): This airport is situated in Riverside County, CA, approximately 23 miles southeast of the central business district of Palm Springs. It was established in 1942, it covers an area of 1,850 acres and it has two asphalt paved runaways. This airport got its current name in 2004 and in late November each year, it hosts an impressive air show.
- Hemet-Ryan Airport (HMT): This airport is located just three miles southwest of the central business district of Hemet, a small town in Riverside County, CA. Opened in 1940, this airport features two asphalt paved runways.
- Redlands Municipal Airport (REI): Located just two miles northeast of Downtown Redlands, this airport serves the San Bernardino County in California and it is used for general aviation purposes. It also covers an area of approximately 200 acres, and it features one asphalt paved runway.
- San Bernardino International Airport (SBD): This large airport is located less than 2 miles southeast of San Bernardino, and it covers approximately 1,400 acres of land. It features one concrete runway which is capable of accommodating the largest type of aircraft used today, including an Airbus A380.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Palm Springs?