About Houston, TX
Houston is the largest city in Texas with approximately 2.2 million people, making it the fourth most populous city in the United States. This culturally diverse city houses the world renowned Texas Medical Center, as well as the famous Johnson Space Center. The Texas Medical Center is the largest medical center in the world, where scientists and doctors engage in research, striving to find the cure for five types of cancer.
Popular Destinations in Houston
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Houston?
This city is also home to many exhibitions and cultural institutions, which are visited by approximately seven million tourists every year. Following are some of the main attractions:
The Houston Museum of Natural Science: Here, visitors can admire an outstanding array of mineral specimens, space-station models, skeletons of dinosaurs, as well as an impressive planetarium.
Houston Zoo: The Houston Zoo boasts more than 6,000 types of animals and ecosystems, providing zoo goers an educational and entertaining experience. This zoo is visited by almost two million guests each year who have the opportunity to see jaguars, cougars, elephants, monkeys, giraffes, and lions among other animals here.
Children’s Museum of Houston: This museum focuses on innovative, child-centered learning with history and culture exhibits as well as interactive displays. There are activities for kids of all ages and many interesting and educational movies are shown throughout the day.
Houston Symphony: The Houston Symphony performs at the Jesse H. Hall for the Performing Arts, located in the downtown section of the city. It has a mission to educate its audience through community activities, educational programs, and orchestral and non-orchestral performances.
Miller Outdoor Theatre: Located in Hermann Park, this theater for the performing arts allows you to enjoy concerts and dances, as well as programs for kids, all in the outdoors on nearly eight acres of land.
Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens: The house is set on 14 acres of organically maintained gardens, and it is a museum for paintings and decorative arts. The collection is a great showcase of American silver, ceramics, furnishings, and paintings.
Luxury Lodging in Houston
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Houston? Houston offers many options in luxury accommodations. Following are some of them:
- Four Seasons Hotel Houston
- Hilton Americas-Houston
- Hilton Houston Post Oak
- Hotel Derek Houston Galleria
- Hotel Granduca, Houston
- Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
- Hotel Sorella CityCentre
- Hotel ZaZa Houston
- Houston Marriott at the Texas Medical Center
- Hyatt Regency Houston
- JW Marriott Houston
- Magnolia Hotel Houston
- Omni Houston Hotel
- Omni Houston Hotel Westside
- Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston
- The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa
- The Lancaster Hotel
- The Sam Houston Hotel
- The St. Regis Houston
- The Westin Houston Downtown
- The Westin Houston, Memorial City
Airports In or Nearby Houston For Private Jets
Interested in renting a private aircraft to Houston, Texas? We can help you make your private jet flight arrangements to and from Houston. The list of airports you can use includes:
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH): George Bush Intercontinental Airport is one of the ten busiest and fastest-growing airports in North America, serving over 40 million passengers annually. It is conveniently situated about 23 miles away from downtown Houston, providing easy access to the greater Houston metropolitan area. With a total of five terminals, George Bush International Airport supports both commercial and general aviation, and is a choice gateway for local and regional travel.
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU): This airport provides a wide range of services and facilities for private and corporate aviation. Having been in service for more than 80 years, William P. Hobby Airport has an established reputation as a reliable aviation hub. Today, it continues its expansion efforts to increase its handling capacity. It is expected to begin service in its international terminal by the end of 2016.
- Ellington Airport (EFD): Ellington Airport is the third largest airport in the greater Houston area. With no scheduled commercial airliner flights, the airport is dedicated to serving general aviation for private and business jetsetters. There are plans to develop the airport as a commercial spaceport, which will then Ellington Airport will position itself as one of the premier gateways for space travel.
- West Houston Airport (IWS): Located 15 miles away from downtown Houston, it is a general aviation reliever airport that is privately owned. Home to over 375 aircraft, it features one asphalt runway, and sits over 200 acres of land.
- David Wayne Hooks Memorial Airport (DWH): This airport, owned privately by Jag Gill, is one of the most frequently used general aviation airports both in Texas and in the United States. The airport has two runways for normal departures and arrivals, as well as provisions for seaplanes to take off and land. The diverse range of aircraft that stop at this airport makes it a popular spot for plane watchers in the region.
- Sugar Land Regional Airport (SGR): Sugar Land Regional Airport is one of the four largest airports in the greater Houston metropolitan area. With its close proximity to the central business district of Houston, the airport is popular with local businesses, many of which are placed on the prestigious Fortune 500 list. It is a popular airport choice for business travelers.
- Lone Star Executive Airport (CXO): Situated about 37 miles north of the central business district of Houston, Lone Star Executive Airport is also a choice gateway for business jetsetters stopping over at Houston. The airport has a 6000-feet long asphalt runway and a 5000-feet long concrete runway.
- Post Oak Airfield Airport (TA19): This privately-owned airport is only nine miles away from the city of Houston. It is also five miles away from the central business district in Weatherford. Post Oak Airfield has one asphalt runway.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Houston?