About Hartford, CT
Hartford is an 18-square mile city with a population of 125,000 known as the “Insurance Capital of the World” as there are many headquarters of insurance companies based here. Hartford is also one of the oldest cities in the United States, and it houses the oldest public art museum in the United States, the Wadsworth Atheneum. It also boasts international cultural attractions and notable entertainment venues.
Popular Destinations in Hartford
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Hartford? Hartford is visited by many people every year who are eager to soak up the culture, and history of one of the oldest cities in the U.S. These are some of the most popular attractions:
The Mark Twain House & Museum: Mark Twain used to be a resident in Hartford, CT and now visitors have the possibility to explore his house. The home of Mark Twain was restored, and it is located in the Nook Farm neighborhood. Here, you can admire the striking architectural details, and take a sneak peek into the life of one of the most appreciated authors, and social commentators America has ever seen.
Wadsworth Atheneum: This is the first public art museum in the U.S., which hosts no less than 50,000 exhibition pieces from ancient to contemporary eras. You can also see a wonderful range of Pilgrim-era furniture items, as well as a large collection of Hudson River School paintings at Wadsworth Atheneum.
Hartford Stage: This is one of the most famous theatres in the U.S. where you get the chance to see revivals of classics, as well as new interesting plays and musicals. There is a good view of the stage from every seat and the theatre features a remarkable sound system.
Elizabeth Park: Elizabeth Park which features an impressive garden with more than 800 varieties of roses. At this park, there is also a plethora of sports and concert facilities available, besides a beautiful pond and multiple gardens. This stunning place offers many spots for photographs.
Connecticut Science Center: As you enter the first floor of the Connecticut Science Center, you are welcomed by a water kingdom, alongside with multiple interesting and entertaining exhibits. It is a nine-story center featuring interactive exhibits consisting of live demonstrations, videos, audios, and more.
Connecticut State Capitol: This building features a gold domed top, and allows you to see the impressive Hall of Flags, as well as the state senate many art and historical displays without paying an admission fee.
Luxury Lodging in Hartford
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Hartford? Hartford has more than a handful of hotels that feature quality, comfortable accommodations. Here’s a look at the hotels you can stay at in Hartford:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hartford – Bradley International Airport
- Hartford/Winsor Courtyard by Marriott
- Hartford/Winsor Marriott Airport
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
- Marriott Hartford Downtown
- Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport
- Simsbury Inn
Airports In or Nearby Hartford For Private Jets
Interested in chartering a jet to Hartford, Connecticut? If you want to arrange a private jet flight to Hartford, or you want to depart from Hartford, we will be happy to make the best travel arrangements for you in the shortest time possible. Here are some of the airports you can use:
- Bradley International Airport (BDL): Bradley International Airport is the main airport serving the state of Connecticut, and is the 2nd-busiest airport in the New England area. Located midway between Hartford and Springfield, Massachusetts, the airport also houses the New England Air Museum. Its convenient location at the junction of several New England states makes it the ideal launching pad for travel to New York, Massachusetts and other nearby states.
- Hartford-Brainard Airport (HFD):This airport is located a mere three miles southeast of downtown Hartford, making it a convenient destination for business travelers headed towards the financial hub. It has two asphalt runways, one turf runway and one helipad, and averages more than 300 aircraft operations per day. It also has a controller that operates 18 hours a day.
- Westover Metropolitan Airport (CEF): Located in Springfield and Holyoke, Massachusetts, it takes under an hour to drive from the Westover Metropolitan Airport to Hartford. The airport is also conveniently situated near the Massachusetts Turnpike, connecting it with some of the major cities in Massachusetts, including Boston. The proximity of big cities, cultural and historical attractions all together make this airport a good choice for both the business traveler, and the casual traveler.
- Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN): Located in New Haven, this airport is a short drive from Hartford and is one of only two major airports located within the state of Connecticut. The airport is particularly popular with travelers interested in sightseeing along the coast of Connecticut, as well as students, and affiliates of nearby Yale University. Its small size and easily accessible location makes it a great choice for travelers who appreciate the convenience of a centrally-located airport but who would rather eschew the long lines and waiting times of bigger airports.
- Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial Airport (BDR): This airport is situated 3 miles southeast of downtown Stratford, about an hour’s drive away from downtown Hartford. Its proximity to Bridgeport, the most populous city in Connecticut, makes it invaluable to business travelers.
- Waterbury-Oxford Airport (OXC): Located in Oxford, a town in New Haven, CT, Waterbury-Oxford Airport sits over an area of 424 acres. This airport is situated 43 miles away from Hartford. The operations at this airport are restricted to general aviation and corporate services. It has one asphalt runway.
- Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport (BAF): Covering over 1200 acres of land, this is a joint public-military use airport located three miles north of the city of Westfield. It is 40 miles away from Hartford, and is considered to be one of the largest airports in Massachusetts that features a strong military, flight training, and general aviation presence.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Hartford?