About Goa, India
Located on India’s west coast, Goa is the richest state in India with a GDP per capita that is two and a half times that of the rest of the country. The stellar development of its infrastructure earned it the top spot among the country’s best states. The National Commission Population also gave it the top spot on a list of states with the best quality of life. The state is actually the smallest in the country and Panaji serves as its capital. Today, Goa features a rich historical background that has been attracting global travelers to its doors.
Popular Destinations in Goa
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Goa? Goa is one of the most popular destinations for tourists visiting India. Local residents and visitors from all over the world flock here to marvel at its expansive beaches, beautiful scenery, friendly locals and its cultural and historical heritage. Some of the popular destinations in the state include:
Casino Royale: This is a casino uniquely located on a yacht known as M.V Caravela in River Mandovi. Besides the slot machines, there are about eleven tables featuring Blackjack, American Roulette and Rummy. It is also the only place visitors can find a live casino in India.
Goa State Museum: Goa has one of the richest historical and cultural backgrounds in India. For this reason, Goa State Museum was built with the aim of preserving art objects, antiquities and cultural objects, all of which provide an insight into the state’s cultural traditions and ancient history. The museum opened its doors to the public in 1977 but was later relocated to a new complex at Patto due to the continued growth of its collections.
Basilica of Bom Jesus: Perhaps the most revered by Christians from all over the world and the largest church in Goa, this is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Bainguinim, 6 miles away from Panaji. Construction of the church began in 1594 and on completion in 1605, it was consecrated by Father Alexia de Menezas. Bom Jesus means “Good Jesus” or “Infant Jesus,” to whom this church was dedicated.
Dudhsagar Falls: Located on Mandovi River is a 4-tier waterfall which offers awe striking views, especially during the monsoon periods. The waterfall is 600-feet long from top to bottom and attracts many visitors daily. Visitors can also learn about the legendary story about this waterfall while here.
Luxury Lodging in Goa
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Goa? Travelers can choose from a range of hotels in Goa, including the following options
- Alila Diwa Goa
- Grand Hyatt Goa
- Leela Hotel Goa
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa
- Taj Exotica
- The LaLit Golf and Spa Resort Goa
- Vivanta by Taj Panaji
Airports In or Nearby Goa For Private Jets
Interested in chartering a private airplane to Goa, India? There are many airports close to Goa that make it easy to access the region by air. Some of these include:
- Goa International Airport (GOI): Also known as Dabolim Airport, Goa International Airport is 14 miles away from South Goa. The public airport is operated by the Airports Authority of India and is located at an elevation of 184 feet above sea level. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 13,300 feet in length. Goa International Airport serves over 4 million passengers a year, and has 33,000 aircraft movements annually.
- Hubli Airport (HBX): Hubli Airport serves the cities of Dharwad and Hubli in Karnataka State. It is located within 30 miles of Goa. This public airport is at an elevation of 2,170 feet above sea level, and is spread over 369 acres. It has a single asphalt runway oriented at 08/26 and is 5400 feet in length. It also has a 13,500 square meter apron. Facilities at the airport include basic air navigation and landing aids, as well as fuelling services.
- Belgaum Airport (IXG): Belagum Airport is located within 40 miles of Goa, and 6 miles from the city of Belagavi in Karnataka State. The public airport sits at an elevation of 2,500 feet above sea level and occupies an area of 440 acres. The airport apron can accommodate the equivalent of 2 ATR-72 aircraft. The airport currently has a single tarmac runway measuring 6,380 feet in length. The only commercial airport using the airport is SpiceJet; the bulk of the air traffic to and from the airport is from private aircraft.
- Kolhapur Airport (KLH): Kolhapur Airport is located in Maharashtra. It is located within 50 miles of Goa, and is commonly used by private aircraft owners to access the city of Goa. The airport is run by the Airports Authority of India and sits at an elevation of 2000 feet above sea level. It has a single asphalt runway designated 07/25, and which is 4,500 feet in length.
- Mangalore Airport (IXE): Formerly known as Bajpe Airport, Mangalore Airport serves the city of Mangalore and is located 200 miles from Goa. It serves over 1 million passengers a year and has 11,000 aircraft movements annually. Airlines using the airport as a hub include Air India, Air Pegasus and Jet Airways. The airport provides facilities such as hangar rentals, aircraft maintenance and fuelling for private jets and chartered aircraft.
- Ratnagiri Airport (RTC): This is a public airport located in the Konkan Divison in Maharashtra. It is located around 150 miles from Goa and is at an elevation of 300 feet above sea level. It has a single asphalt runway designated 05/23 which is 4,500 feet in length. There are no scheduled commercial flights to the airport and is mostly used for general aviation.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Goa?