About Glendale, Arizona
Glendale is a city located about nine miles away from downtown Phoenix in Maricopa County, Arizona. It is almost hard to imagine that what is now a thriving city was once a desert in the 1800s. Glendale’s development and growth began when William John Murphy started to build the Arizona Canal, which was meant to bring water to the desert. Soon, a railway running from Prescott to Phoenix was built. Rapid immigration into the area contributed to the significant growth of modern day Glendale.
Popular Destinations in Glendale
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Glendale?
Glendale has a large number of tourist attractions that will definitely make your stay there more memorable. Some of the most notable of these include:
Skunk Creek Linear Park: Located near the Thunderbird Paseo Park, Skunk Creek Linear Park is a great place for visitors looking to go biking, walking and horse riding. There are numerous trails stretching a distance of three and a half mile connecting to the Thunderbird Paseo Park.
Westgate Entertainment District: This 6.5 million square feet space houses a multitude of restaurants, shops, theaters and more. It has the nickname of “Times Square of the West.” The district is also home to the Arizona Coyotes and the University of Phoenix Stadium (housing the Arizona Cardinals NFL team) is just situated adjacent to it.
Fountain Park: The park sits over an extensive area and has water jets where families can frolic in. During September and May every year, there will be performances by featured vocalists held here.
World Zoo: Founded in 1984, the expansive zoo is home to more than 1300 animals and highlights of the zoo include a small platform where visitors can get on to feed the giraffes. There is also a cable feature where visitors can take a ride in the air over parts of the zoo.
Chocolate Festival: This festival is held annually in early February and celebrates the love of chocolates. It features many chocolate events, showcasing chocolate fountains, chocolate pizzas and other chocolate treats.
Luxury Lodging in Glendale
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Glendale?
These hotels are all within a 15-mile radius from Glendale:
- Hampton Inn Glendale
- Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa
- Residence Inn by Marriott Glendale
- Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa
- The Canyon Suites at the Phoenician
- The Clarendon Hotel and Spa
- The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix
- The Wigwam
Airports In or Nearby Glendale For Private Jets
Interested in chartering a jet to Glendale, Arizona? There are many airports close to Glendale that make it easy to access the region by air. Some of these include:
- Glendale Municipal Airport (GEU): The Glendale Municipal Airport is located seven miles from the Glendale CBD. It covers an area of 300 hectares and has one 7,000 foot long asphalt runway. It is available for both commercial and private aircraft use.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX): The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is a civil-military airport located 15 miles away from Glendale. It is the state’s largest and busiest airport, and also happens to be one of the largest in the country. It serves an average of 40 million passengers a year and handles more than 800 tons of cargo annually. It has three concrete runways measuring between 7,800 and 11,500 feet in length.
- Phoenix Goodyear Airport (GYR): The Phoenix Goodyear Airport is located 18 miles from Glendale. It is a public airport built during the Second World War and currently serving as a general aviation reliever facility for Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. The airport covers 300 hectares and has one runway 8,500 feet long. It also has one concrete helipad. Services offered at the airport include hangar rentals as well as maintenance and fuel services.
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport (DVT): This is a local airport located 19 miles away from the Glendale CBD. It has two runways measuring 4,500 and 8,100 feet in length, and records over 300,000 aircraft operations a year. The airport covers an area of 370 hectares and provides maintenance and hangar rental services as well.
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA): Sitting at an elevation of 1,300 feet above sea level, the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport is located 45 miles away from Glendale. This makes it convenient for private aircraft clients traveling to Glendale. The airport has three concrete runways measuring between 9,300 and 10,400 feet in length.
- Prescott Municipal Airport (PRC): Also known as Ernest A. Love Field Airport, the Prescott Municipal Airport is located 96 miles away from Glendale. Most of the traffic to Prescott is attributable to the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, but the facility also serves private and commercial air traffic as well. The airport sits at an elevation of 5,000 feet above sea level. It has three runways measuring between 4,400 and 7,600 feet in length. It records an average of 240,000 aircraft operations a year.
- Tucson International Airport (TUS): Tucson International Airport is located 130 miles from Glendale. It is a joint military/public airport run by the City of Tucson. Located at an elevation of 2,600 feet above sea level, the airport has three asphalt runways measuring between 7,000 and 11,000 feet in length. It also has three asphalt helipads. The airport has an average of 160,000 aircraft operations a year and handles more than three million passengers a year.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Glendale?