About Genoa, Italy
Genoa is the 6th largest city in Italy and the capital city of Liguria. It is home to the largest seaport in Italy. Genoa is also one of the largest cities in Europe and is nicknamed La Superba, meaning the proud one, due to its rich history and beautiful landmarks. The cultural history in cuisine, music and arts has earned the city the title of European Capital of Culture in 2004. Genoa is also famous for being the birthplace of Niccolo Paganini and Christopher Columbus.
Popular Destinations in Genoa
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Genoa? The city’s rich history is one of the main factors that make it one of the world’s best kept travel secrets. Other attractions of Genoa include the mild climate and beautiful landmarks. Genoa has been a hub of travel for centuries with most of its attraction sites located near the city’s main square or by the Port of Genoa.
Genoa Aquarium: It is one of the most significant aquariums in Genoa, and the largest of its kind in Italy. The aquarium was built for the 1992 World’s Fair that celebrated 500 years since Christopher Columbus’s discovery of the new world. The aquarium is located at the Port of Genoa and spans across an area of 3,100 square meters, making it the second largest in Europe. It features exhibitions conceptualizing the North Atlantic, Liguria Sea and Caribbean reefs in different perspectives.
Piazza de Ferrari Fountain: Surrounded by a ring of old magnificent, old buildings, the Piazza de Ferrari Fountain is located in the main square of Genoa. Some of the buildings that surround the fountain include Palazzo della Borsa that once housed the stock exchange and Teatro Carlo Felice, which was bombed during World War II and rebuilt in 1991.
IL Galeone Neptune Pirate Ship: This is a Neptune replica of the Spanish galleon used in the 17th It was purposely built for use in Pirates, one of Roman Polanski’s famous films. The Neptune is now one of the major tourist attractions at the Port of Genoa. The ship is a perfect place for families to re-enact Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan scenes.
Basilica of Santissima Annunziata del Vastato: Dating back to 1500s, Basilica of Santissima is arguably the most beautiful church countrywide. Located on Piazza Giacomo Matteotti, the church features works of art from famous artists like Pola, Guidobono, Van Dyk and De Ferrari.
Old Port of Genoa: Popularly referred to as Porto Antico by the locals, the Old Port of Genoa is now a tourist hub. Visitors can take a lazy stroll on the harbor or choose to explore the museums and other attractions located here, including Galeone Neptune, Genoa Aquarium and Grande Bingo.
Palazzo Reale Museum: The Royal Palace dates back to the 1600s when construction begun. Ownership of the palace was transferred to the state in 1919. Today, the Palazzo Reale Museum still features much of the original décor and furniture. Inside, visitors will find canvases by Giovanni Battista, Bassano, Grechetto and Domenico Fiasela among others.
Luxury Lodging in Genoa
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Genoa? There are many lodging options available in Genoa, such as hotels, resorts, and private rentals. These are a few examples:
- Grand Hotel Savoia
- Hotel Bristol Palace
- Melia Genoa
- NH Collection Genova Marina
- Best Western Premier CHC Airport
- Starhotels President
Airports In or Nearby Genoa For Private Jets
Seeking a private jet charter to Genoa, Italy? Some of the notable airports that make Genoa accessible by air include:
- Genoa Cristoforo Colombio Airport (GOA): This is an international airport in Genoa, located around 2 miles from the city. It is one of the most important airports in the region as it serves Liguria and the port city of Genoa. It handles an average of 1.2 million passengers a year and has 18,000 aircraft movements annually. The airport has a single 9,500 foot long bitumen runway.
- Turin-Cuneo Levaldigi Airport (CUF): Located 90 miles from Genoa, the Cuneo International Airport is commonly used by low cost airlines including Air Arabia Maroc and Jetairfly. It is also commonly used by private and chartered aircraft users. The airport sits at an elevation of 1200 feet above sea level and has a single asphalt runway designated 03/21. The runway has a length of 6,900 feet.
- Linate Airport (LIN): Linate Airport is located in Milan, 100 miles from Genoa. It is the second international airport in the city and the second biggest in the country. It is located at an elevation of 2000 feet above sea level. The airport has a single three story terminal building and a single asphalt runway measuring 8,000 feet in length. It also features a single 92-foot asphalt helipad.
- Pisa International Airport (PSA): Formerly known as Galileo Galilei Airport, the Pisa International Airport is around 100 miles from the city of Genoa. It is located at an elevation of 6 feet above sea level and has two asphalt runways measuring 9,800 and 9,100 feet above sea level. It records an average of 40,000 flight movements a year, and handles 4 million passengers annually.
- Albenga Airport (ALL): Albenga Airport is a local airport located 60 miles from Genoa. It sits at an elevation of 150 feet above sea level and is run by the government. It also features a single asphalt runway measuring 4,600 feet in length. Traffic to and from the airport is light, making it an ideal choice for many private aircraft users.
- Milano-Malpensa Airport (MXP): The Milano Malpensa Airport is located 110 miles from the city of Genoa. It is operated by SEA Aeroporti di Milano and has two runways measuring 12,860 feet in length each. The airport handles an average of 18 million passengers a year, and has more than 160,000 aircraft movements annually. A large number of charter and private aircraft use the airport as a base.
- Parma Airport (PMF): This public airport is run by Societa Gestione Aeroporto Parma S.p.A. It is located at an elevation of 160 feet above sea level, around 120 miles from Genoa. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 6,900 feet in length, designated in the 02/20 direction.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Genoa?