About Gallatin, Tennessee
Located 23 miles northeast of Nashville, Gallatin is a middle Tennessee gem that oozes plenty of Southern charm. There is a good variety of natural landscapes such as open fields and lakes to explore here. Several national companies have their headquarters stationed in Gallatin, including RR Donnelley, Gap, Inc., and Servpro Industries.
Popular Destinations in Gallatin
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Gallatin? Gallatin has a huge variety of attractions to suit all types of travel interests. Some of the more notable of these include:
Sumner County Museum: The Sumner County Museum mainly features exhibits that showcase Indian artifacts including the Cherokee, Creek, Shawnee, Chickasaw and Iroquois tribes who lived throughout the area. There is also an interesting photo exhibit that offers a glimpse into the past with a large map made of waxed linen that provides a topographical view of Gallatin.
Bledsoe Creek State Park: This destination is popular for its camping sites, hiking trails and boating activities. The park has six miles of trails and paved walkways. At the Bledsoe Creek State Park, visitors can go fishing for bluegill, catfish, crappie and bass at the Old Hickory Lake.
Long Hollow Golf Course: This is an 18-hole championship golf course in Gallatin. Built in 1982, the Long Hollow Golf Course features Bermuda fairways as well as bent grass greens. Golfers can expect to encounter water challenges on seven of the holes.
Palace Theater: Located in the historic downtown area in Gallatin, the Palace Theater offered a venue for locals to attend plays and watch movies between 1913 and 1977. Today, this historic building, which has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places, screens movies during the weekends and occasionally hosts special concerts and other events.
Luxury Lodging in Gallatin
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Gallatin? Gallatin features a small number of high end hotels and lodgings for travelers to choose from, and they include:
- Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center
- Hilton Nashville Downtown
- Omni Nashville Hotel
- Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
- The Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Airports In or Nearby Gallatin For Private Jets
Looking for a private jet charter to Gallatin, Tennessee? Gallatin provides access to a number of airports that can be used by private aircraft users, and these include:
- Sumner County Regional Airport (VWC): Sumner County Regional Airport is located three miles away from Gallatin. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 5,000 feet in length. 95% of the traffic to and from the airport is based on general aviation operations, with the majority of this number coming from private air travel.
- Bowling Green-Warren County Regional Airport (BWG): This is a public airport located 46 miles away from Gallatin. The airport has a fixed base operator providing aircraft maintenance, fuel services and hangar or tie down services. It also has two asphalt runways measuring 6,500 and 4,000 feet in length, and is located at an altitude of 547 feet above sea level.
- Nashville International Airport (BNA): This airport is located 34 miles away from Gallatin. It is a joint public/military airport sitting at an elevation of 600 feet above sea level. It has four concrete runways, each measuring between 7,700 and 11,000 feet in length. BNA is one of the busiest airports in the state, averaging 100,000 aircraft operations annually, and has more than 100 planes based at the airport. In addition to commercial airline operations, the airport is also popular with private air travelers.
- Louisville International Airport (SDF): Louisville International Airport is located 154 miles away from Gallatin. The airport covers more than 600 hectares, and sits at an elevation of 500 feet above sea level. It has three concrete runways measuring 3,600, 2,600 and 2,200 feet respectively. The airport has an average of 148,000 aircraft operations a year, and handles more than 3 million passengers per annum.
- Owensboro-Davies County Regional Airport (OWB): Located 118 miles away from Gallatin, the Owensboro-Davies County Regional Airport is a public use facility in Kentucky. It is mainly used for general aviation purposes, and has two runways measuring 5,000 and 8,000 feet in length respectively. It handles around 16,000 aircraft operations a year.
- Lebanon Municipal Airport (TNI): Located 20 miles away from Gallatin, Lebanon Municipal Airport mainly serves the town of Lebanon in New Hampshire. It sits at an elevation of 600 feet above sea level, and has two runways measuring 5,200 and 5,400 feet. Support services including fuel sales, maintenance and hangar rentals are available.
- Springfield-Robertson County Airport (DQG): This public use airport is located in Springfield, Tennessee, which is 34 miles away from Gallatin. It has a single 5,500-foot asphalt runway, and handles about 60,000 aircraft operations a year.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Gallatin?