About Boca Raton, Florida
Officially incorporated in 1925, Boca Raton is the southernmost city in Palm Beach, Florida. The city has one of the wealthiest communities in Florida, and is the largest city between Pompano Beach and West Palm Beach. Boca Raton is also a popular snorkeling destination. Because the city is famous for its highly educated and affluent community, it is no surprise that Boca Raton has a high number of private jet users. Well known personalities that have homes in Boca Raton include Donald Trump, Jon Bon Jovi, and Marilyn Manson.
Popular Destinations in Boca Raton
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Boca Raton? Boca Raton has a great array of attractions for travelers to explore, including the following ones:
Town Center at Boca Raton: The Town Center at Boca Raton is the answer to your ultimate shopping experience. It is one of Florida’s luxury shopping destinations, and features brands such as Louis Vuitton, Lilly Pulitzer and Tory Burch besides having six nationwide-acclaimed department stores.
Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge: This refuge is a representation of the Everglades and features swamps, marshes, wet prairies and sawgrass. Although its primary function is to shelter and preserve wildlife, birds in particular, it also maintains water levels for emergencies and irrigations. This is achieved by ensuring that salty seawater does not encroach fresh water sources. Some of the facilities meant for the educational and entertainment purposes for visitors include canoe trails, walking trails, and a visitor’s center.
Spanish River Park: This is one of the largest parks in the city, guaranteed to keep visitors fully occupied throughout the day. Visitors can enjoy a swim in the ocean, sunbathe on the beaches and enjoy a hearty meal in the outdoors. There are pick-up volleyball facilities, nature trails and biking paths here too, besides an observation tower from where visitors can enjoy panoramic views of the surroundings.
Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens: The history of Morikami Museum can be traced back to the early 20th century, when an attempt by Japanese immigrants to institute an agricultural community failed. George Morikami donated 200 acres of land which today have evolved to become a cultural complex. Exhibitions in the museum are dedicated to the Japanese culture and traditions. There are also facilities such as a theater, library and multi-media center here.
Boca Raton Old Town Hall: Originally designed by Addison Mizner, this old building is one of the significant landmarks in the city. It is known that Mizner ran out of money before construction was complete so William Alysemer took over the project, revised the plans and completed the construction. Today, the building pays tribute to the city’s history, and houses a museum whose focus is on the architectural and cultural history of Boca Raton.
Boca Raton Museum of Art: The history of the Boca Raton Museum of Art can be traced to the 1940’s when a group of locals joined efforts to help improve Boca’s arts presence. Several decades later, the museum in Mizner Park boasts of more than 4000 items in its permanent exhibitions. Prominent pieces in the museum include African tribal art, pre-Columbian Mesoamerican art, European and American pieces as well as Oceanic items.
Luxury Lodging in Boca Raton
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Boca Raton? Vail boasts a plethora of hotels, resorts and private residences for travelers to choose from, and they include:
- Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
- Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
- Private Residences at the Atlantic Resort and Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
- The Brazilian Court Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
- The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Airports In or Nearby Boca Raton For Private Jets
Interested in chartering a jet to Boca Raton, Florida? Boca Raton is the second-largest city in Palm Beach so it has many airports serving the city. Here are some of the airports you can use:
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI): Located 26 miles away from Boca Raton, Palm Beach International Airport is an international airport that covers an area of 2,120 acres and contains 3 asphalt runways. Helicopter operations are also allowed on the 10R/28L or its parallel taxiway.
- Boca Raton Airport (BCT): Located two miles northwest of the central business district of Boca Raton, Boca Raton Airport is designated mainly as a general aviation transport facility. It covers an area of 212 acres and has a single runway designated in the 5/23 direction.
- Pompano Beach Airpark (PMP): Located only one mile away from the central business district of Pompano Beach, Pompano Beach Airpark is a public airport that is mainly used for general aviation. The airport covers an area of 935 acres and contains three asphalt runways. There is also the availability of a traffic control tower which is under the FAA Contract Tower Program.
- Palm Beach County Park Airport (LNA): Palm Beach County Park Airport is a public use airport in Palm Beach County of Florida. It is categorized as a reliever airport and is also known as the Lantana Airport. Most of its aircraft operations pertain to general aviation and the airport contains three asphalt runways.
- Orlando Executive Airport (ORL): Located three miles east of downtown Orlando, Orlando Executive Airport is mostly used as a corporate aviation airport. The airport covers an area of 1,055 acres and is 113 feet above sea level. The airport has two Fixed Base Operators and two asphalt runways.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL): Located in Broward County, Florida, the airport is a hub for IBC Airways, Spirit Airlines and Silver Airways. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is one of the world’s 50 busiest airports and is known as an intercontinental gateway. The airport has one asphalt and concrete runway, and covers an area of 1,380 acres.
- North Perry Airport (HWO): The airport is open for public use and is currently located in the City of Pembroke Pines which is 5 miles west of the central business district of Hollywood. The airport is currently owned by the Broward County Aviation Department and is used for general aviation purposes. The airport mainly caters business and private light aircraft and has four asphalt runways.
- Marco Island Airport (MKY): Located four miles northeast of the central business district of Marco Island, Marco Island is a general aviation airport that covers an area of 140 acres and contains a single asphalt runway.
- Miami International Airport (MIA): Situated 47 miles away from Boca Raton is the Miami International Airport which is one of only eight airports in the US that can accommodate the Airbus A380. It is the busiest airport in the state of Florida, and is recognized as the most important gateway between Latin America and United States.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Boca Raton?