About Birmingham, United Kingdom
Birmingham is located in West Midlands in United Kingdom. Other than London, it is the largest and most populated city in Britain. It has the 9th largest metropolitan area in Europe, and its economic success is mainly attributed to the services sector. What started from a middle sized market town has grown into an internationally acclaimed commercial center. It has six universities, making it the largest educational center in Europe, second only to London. It is also a popular travel destination.
Popular Destinations in Birmingham
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Birmingham? Here is a look at some of the most famous tourist destinations that Birmingham has to offer:
Winterbourne House and Garden: Set in the midst of 7 acres of gardens, Winterbourne is the perfect symbol of the European Edwardian Era. Built in 1903, this building will give the chance to step back in time to explore the history of Winterbourne. The surrounding gardens are idyllic to say the least. They encompass plant collections from different parts of the country.
Thicktank Planeterium: This modern museum immerses the visitor in the world of science touring its ten themed galleries, ranging from discovering what happens to the food consumed by humans every day to how steam engines power up and a 360 degree view into astrology.
The Falconry Centre: The center exhibits birds of prey from different parts of the world. The visitor can get up close and personal with eagles, owls, falcons, and hawks and discover uncommon facts about birds while enjoying the shows put on every day of the week.
Grand Prix Karting: Grand Prix Karting is an all-year round go-karting racing facility that has 4 circuits suitable for children and adults alike. The facility provides visitors with all the required equipment as well as a safety briefing before jumping into the fun.
Alabama Adventure: Visitors can choose to play at the Splash City, go on a thrilling ride at Magic City or take your kids to the Marvel City for a ride. There is also a concert series, which features former American Idol finalists and it is a suitable venue for family outings.
Birmingham Civil Rights Institute: In this museum, the visitor can explore the era of the Civil Rights Movement and segregation. The museum features multimedia exhibitions, giving an insight into what took place not only in Birmingham, but also other cities in the country. It also serves as a research center on issues pertaining to human issues. Several educational seminars are hosted here as well.
Luxury Lodging in Birmingham
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Birmingham? In Birmingham, travelers can choose from a good range of hotels, resorts, and private residences. Some of the examples include:
- Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
- Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
- Hotel La Tour
- Hyatt Regency Birmingham
- Macdonald Burlington Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
- Staying Cool at the Rotunda
Restaurants in Birmingham
1 Michelin star:
55 Cornwall St, B3 2DH Birmingham
Bennet’s Hill, B2 5QP Birmingham
20 Highfield Rd, B15 3DU Birmingham
69 High St, B17 9NS Birmingham
Airports In or Nearby Birmingham For Private Jets
Interested in chartering a private airplane to Birmingham, United Kingdom? Birmingham has access to a number of airports that have facilities that are capable of handling private jet flight operations. Here are the notable ones:
- Birmingham Airport (BHX): Formerly known as Birmingham International Airport, the airport is located 6.3 miles east of Birmingham city center. The airport offers both international flights to destinations in Europe and domestic flights within the UK. The airport has one asphalt runway that is designated in the 15/33 direction.
- Coventry Airport (CVT): The airport is located 24 miles away from Birmingham and is owned by the Patriot Aviation Group. The airport is used for passenger flights, commercial freight, flight training and general aviation. The airport has one asphalt runway and one grass helipad.
- East Midlands Airport (EMA): Located in the East Midlands of England, the international airport is considered to be the 11th busiest airport in the UK. The airport is licensed to facilitate passenger flights and flying instruction. The airport has one asphalt runway that is designated in the 09/27 direction.
- Wolverhampton Airport (EGBO): Situated near the village of Bobbington, South Staffordshire, it is a relatively small airport that covers an area of 400 acres. It currently operates a number general aviation services which includes facilities for flying schools, helicopters, business jets and other private aircraft. The airport also has three runways that are paved with asphalt.
- Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield (EGBW): Located 3.9 miles east of Stratford-upon-Avon, Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield is mainly a general aviation airfield. There are two asphalt runways and one grass runway that is unlicensed. The airfield also has a number of flying schools and a cafe near the control tower.
- Leicester Airport (EGBG): The airport is a small aerodrome located 4.6 miles southeast of Leicester. The airport is capable of facilitating passenger flights and flight training. There are five runways in total, including three asphalt and two grass runways.
- Welshpool Airport (EGCW): Also known as Mid-Wales Airport, Welshpool Airport is located 2.3 miles south of Welshpool. The airport is open for public use and is authorized to facilitate passenger flights and provide flight training. It has one runway designated in the 04/22 direction.
- Shawbury Airport (EGOS): Situated by the village of Shawbury, Royal Air Force Shawbury is a Royal Air Force station. Currently, it provides training for helicopter pilots from United Kingdom’s armed services. It has two asphalt runways that are designated in the 05/23 and 18/36 directions.
- Manchester Airport (MAN): Located in Ringway, Manchester, England, Manchester Airport is the third busiest airport in the country. The airport comprises of three terminals and two runways which are paved with concrete as well as grooved asphalt for its 05R/23L runway. It is 80 miles away from Birmingham.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Birmingham?