About Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has a population of 1.5 million residents. It is the second most populated city in the country, behind the city of Dubai. The city is home to several of the UAE’s key government officials, including the President. Abu Dhabi is considered as one of the most beautiful cities in the world due to its fantastic architectural design. Beyond the sheer beauty of Abu Dhabi, it is also one of the richest with a very high standard of living.
Popular Destinations in Abu Dhabi
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Abu Dhabi? Abu Dhabi is home to a large number of tourist attractions. Some of the most popular include:
Yas Marina Circuit: The Yas Marina Circuit is where the famous F1 circuits take place. The track is open to joggers and cyclists only during certain dates and times, so it is pertinent to make prior arrangements.
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center: Arguably the most popular destination in Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center is an absolute architectural masterpiece. From the building design to the decorations, it provides an awe-inducing experience for any visitor. It is simply perfect for those who want to understand the country’s culture, and is also a great spot for photography. Appropriate clothing is required to enter the mosque, and the acceptable clothing is also provided to those who do not have their own.
Liwa Oasis: For those who seek something different on their luxury travel trips, it is recommended to head to Liwa Oasis, one of the largest sand dunes in the world where visitors can try sand surfing, camel trekking and riding dune buggies.
Al-Hosn Palace: Built in 1793, Al-Hosn Palace or commonly known as the White Fort or Old Fort, is the oldest building in Abu Dhabi. It was home to the ruling family in the past but today, it has been renovated to house a museum where you can see historical photos and traditional artifacts from Abu Dhabi’s past.
Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi: Yas Waterworld is a must-visit destination and there is a good variety of rides and attractions that will keep visitors highly entertained here. It is a perfect destination for families with children, although visitors of all ages will definitely enjoy the attraction as well.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi: Those visiting Abu Dhabi who enjoy theme parks and have an enthusiasm for luxury cars may stop by Ferrari World. The theme of this park is Ferrari, so visitors can expect to see some of the most impressive vehicles in the world. Beyond cars, there are wonderful acrobatics shows, roller coasters, and other attractions within the park.
Luxury Lodging in Abu Dhabi
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Abu Dhabi? Abu Dhabi offers many lodging options that can make your stay a comfortable one. Here are some of the best hotels in this region:
- Al Raha Beach Hotel
- Anantara Qasr Alsarab Desert Resort
- Emirates Palace Hotel, Abu Dhabi
- Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Abu Dhabi
- Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas
- The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi
- Westin Hotel, Abu Dhabi
- Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
- Zaya Nurai Island Hotel, Abu Dhabi
Airports In or Nearby Abu Dhabi For Private Jets
Looking for a private jet charter to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates? Abu Dhabi has a handful of airports to choose from. All of these airports below can facilitate private flight charters to cater to the needs of the affluent:
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) : Situated 19 miles east of Abu Dhabi, this airport is the second largest in the UAE. It was awarded the title of 2nd Best Airport in Middle East of the Airport Service Quality Awards in 2011. Featuring two runways, this airport has been upgraded recently to accommodate 12 million passengers per year.
- Al Dhafra Air Base (DHF): The airport is located just one hour outside of Abu Dhabi, approximately 19 miles south of the city. It is also a military installation that is operated by the United Arab Emirates Air Force. The airport has two runways, 13R/31L and 13L/31R. Each runway has an asphalt surface.
- Al Bateen Airport (AZI): Built in the 1960s, it is a world-class executive airport that is also dedicated to serving private jets. The airport currently has efficient turnarounds with no holding patterns and a stand capacity for up to fifty private jets.
- Al Minhad Airport (OMDM): Located approximately 15 miles south of Dubai, the airport is a military base operated by the United Arab Emirates Air Force. The airport has one runway, 09/2 which consists of an asphalt surface. There is also a parallel taxiway.
- Al Ain International Airport (AAN): Opened in 1994, the airport is located 9.2 miles north west of Al Ain, and 93 miles away from Abu Dhabi. It is considered as the fifth busiest airport in the country and about four thousand passengers and 14 flights pass through the airport on a weekly basis.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB): This is the primary airport that serves Dubai and is the world’s busiest airport in terms of its international passenger traffic. It is 2.9 miles east of Dubai and 95 miles away from Abu Dhabi. The airport is made up of three terminals and can welcome a total capacity of 75 million passengers every year. In terms of floor space, terminal 3 is regarded as the world’s second largest building and airport terminal. The airport is home to two runways that are closely spaced and parallel, which is designated 12L/30R and 12R/30L.
- Sharjah International Airport (SHJ): Opened in 1977, the airport is located 8.1 miles southeast of Sharjah. It has a single passenger terminal that has an area of 1,350,000 sq ft. There is one runway that is constructed with an asphalt surface.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Abu Dhabi?