About Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo is the most populous city in Brazil, and has strong regional influence in areas such as entertainment, commerce and arts. Sao Paulo has a temperate, monsoon-influenced humid subtropical climate. The city is known as Brazil’s financial city, and headquarters of numerous banks and financial institutions are based here. The city also enjoys a thriving music culture, and has its own unique line-up of magnificent opera houses.
Popular Destinations in Sao Paulo
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Sao Paulo? Sao Paulo is the largest city in South America and is home to a wide variety of attractions. A great number of tourists visit the city each year to visit destinations such as:
Teatro Municipal: Also known as Sao Paulo’s City Theater, the building was modeled after the Paris Opéra by an architect whose name was Ramos de Azevedo. The building exudes an eclectic mix of Italian Renaissance and Art Nouveau themes. Apart from being a major city attraction, it is the prime center for performing arts and has hosted performances of famous singers and musicians like Maria Callas and Carla Fracci.
Museu de Arte: Locally known as MASP, the museum houses a comprehensive collection of western art. Some of the works that can be seen are from impressionists and modern masters such as Picasso, Van Gogh, Renoir and Miró. The building is designed by Lina Bo Bardi who is a Brazilian-Italian architect.
Parque do Ibirapuera: The unique park features a vast green space as well as museums, monuments, performance spaces and lakes and it is a leisure paradise for many visitors. One of the most interesting sights there is the magnificent Bandeiras Monument which is the work of Brazilian sculptor, Victor Brecheret.
Parque da Independància and Museu Paulista: Located in the Ipiranga district, the destination features gardens and a beautiful landscape of fountains, topiaries and roses which is inspired by those at Versailles. Museu do Ipiranga overlooks the garden and inside is an extensive collection of paintings, decorative arts, costumes and furniture that date back to the Imperial Period.
Mosteiro de São Bento: Founded in the late 16th century, the monastery and its church features richly painted interiors, impressive stained glass as well as an image of the Virgin in a robe decorated with pearls. Also notable is a crucifix that dates back to the late 1770s.
Nossa Senhora da Luz: Located on Avenida Tiradentes, the church and convent of Nossa Senhora da Luz are fine representations of Sao Paulo’s traditional architecture. The building was constructed with clay and built during the 18th century. Today, it houses a Museum of Sacred Art which contains more than 10,000 items like altarpieces and statues throughout the 16th and 19th centuries.
Sé: Sé is a neo-Gothic cathedral that is topped with a Renaissance-style dome. It has interesting interior features that include stained glass windows depicting Brazil’s history with Catholicism as well as a beautiful 10,000-pipe organ.
Luxury Lodgings in Sao Paulo
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Sao Paulo?
For travelers visiting Sao Paulo, there’s no lack of luxury accommodations in this city. Some of these include:
- George V Casa Branca
- Golden Tulip Paulista Plaza
- Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
- Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
- Hotel Emiliano
- Hotel Fasano Sao Paulo
- Hotel Unique
- InterContinental São Paulo
- L’Hotel Porto Bay Sao Paulo
- Melia Jardim Europa
- Novotel Sao Paulo Jaragua
- Pullman São Paulo Guarulhos Airport
- Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera
- Pullman São Paulo Vila Olímpia
- Renaissance São Paulo Hotel
- Tivoli Sao Paulo Mofarrej
Restaurants in Sao Paulo
2 Michelin stars:
Rua Barão de Capanema 549, 01411-011 São Paulo
1 Michelin star:
- Dalva e Dito:
Rua Padre João Manuel 1115, 01411-001 São Paulo
Rua Vittorio Fasano 88, 01414-020 São Paulo
- Jun Sakamoto:
Rua Lisboa 55, 05413-000 São Paulo
Rua Joaquim Antunes 210, 05415-000 São Paulo
Rua Fradique Coutinho 1248, 05416-001 São Paulo
Airports In Or Nearby Sao Paulo For Private Jets
Seeking a private aircraft charter to Sao Paulo, Brazil? If you are planning to travel to Sao Paulo via private air charter, here are some of the most convenient airports to use:
- São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport (GRU): Located approximately 13 miles away from Sao Paulo’s city center, the airport is currently operated by Invepar-ACSA and is open for both civilian and military use. The airport has two terminals that are connected within a single building and two asphalt runways in the 09R/27L and 09L/27R direction.
- Viracopos-Campinas International Airport (VCP): Located less than 58 miles away from Sao Paulo’s city center, the international airport is operated by Aeroportos Brasil Viracopos. The airport sits at an elevation of 2,170 feet above mean sea level and has a single asphalt runway designated in the 15/33 direction.
- Congonhas-São Paulo Airport (CGH): Located less than ten miles from the city center, the airport is operated by Infraero and is open for public use. It has an elevation of 2,631 feet above mean sea level and two asphalt runways in the 17R/35L and 17L/35R directions.
- São José dos Campos-Professor Urbano Ernesto Stumpf Airport (SJK): Located less than 60 miles from Sao Paulo, the airport is operated by Infraero and is open for public use. The airport features one passenger terminal as well as a single asphalt runway in the 15/33 direction.
- Braganca Paulista Airport (BJP): Located less than 50 miles from Sao Paulo, the airport is operated by DAESP and is dedicated to general aviation aircraft operations. It sits at an elevation of 2,887 feet above mean sea level and has one asphalt runway in the 16/34 direction.
- Afonso Pena International Airport (CWB): Located approximately 262 miles away from Sao Paulo, the international airport is operated by Infraero and is open for public use. The airport’s terminal covers an area of 11 acres and comprises of six jetways. Afonso Pena has an elevation of nearly 3,000 feet above mean sea level and features two asphalt runways in the 11/29 and 15/33 directions.
- Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport (GIG): Located approximately 264 miles away from Sao Paulo, the airport is operated by Aeroporto Rio de Janeiro S/A, and is open for civil-military use. Sitting at an elevation of 28 feet above mean sea level, the airport features two passenger terminal buildings, one concrete runway (10/28), and one asphalt runway in the 15/33 direction.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Sao Paulo?