About San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
San Jose del Cabo is located in Baja California Sur, Mexico. It is the county seat of the municipality of Los Cabos, and is home to roughly 69,788 people. The city is famous for being one of the two places where the rice rat (rare and possibly going extinct) can be been found. Today, San Jose del Cabo is a major tourist destination that receives more than half a million visitors every year.
Popular Destinations in San Jose del Cabo
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in San Jose del Cabo? San Jose del Cabo has been described as the perfect holiday destination by many seasoned travelers. Its most popular travel attractions include:
Costa Azul: An ideal spot for surfing, Costa Azul provides opportunity for a variety of different levels of surfers. The most popular sports of Costa Azul include Zipper’s and The Rock. There are dining establishments on this beach for visitors to enjoy great food and cocktails on the beachfront.
Desertica Cabo Multi Adventure Park: Travelers looking for adrenaline pumping action in San Jose del Cabo can head to this park, located in Desertica. The activities here include kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and more. This park is also known for its photogenic landscape.
Playa Palmilla: This beach is a highly popular destination in San Jose del Cabo. Besides swimming in the cooling sea, visitors can also engage in water sports, including kayaking, snorkeling, and paddling. Although Playa Palmilla is protected by a rocky point, surfing enthusiasts can choose to go further out from here to enjoy big swells that go beyond 20 feet.
Dolphins Discovery Los Cabos: Located in the Marina Puerto Los Cabos, Dolphins Discovery Los Cabos is a great place to learn about the diverse marine life of Los Cabos. Visitors can enjoy whale watching or swim with dolphins at Dolphins Discovery Los Cabos.
San Jose’s Estuary and Bird Sanctuary: This is the perfect place to go hiking or bird watching in the San Jose del Cabo. Visitors can also enjoy stunning views of the ocean. Interestingly enough, part of the appeal of this Bird Sanctuary includes recent damage from natural disasters.
Frank Arnold Gallery: This gallery offers a serene environment where visitors can view the paintings by Frank Arnold, who is considered one of the “Big Eight” when it comes to the top abstract expressionists in the world. Artistic media here include fine art prints, bronze sculptures, and oil paintings.
Cacti Mundo: Located on the outskirts of San Jose del Cabo, this is a botanical park that features varied species of cactus. The experience here breathtakingly unique; there are a plethora of different cacti specimen to observe.
Cabo Pulmo: While there are many other scuba diving and snorkeling sites in San Jose del Cabo, locals will say that Cabo Pulmo is arguably the best. It is located about 20-30 minutes away from the city center. Extremely strong winds sometimes lead to low visibility, which can cause dive companies leading tours to cancel during the month of January.
Luxury Lodgings in San Jose Del Cabo
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in San Jose del Cabo? There are a good number of high end hotels and resorts that have been developed in the San Jose del Cabo region. The most notable of these include:
- Casa DoraHacienda Beach Club and Residences
- Esperanza an Auberge Resort
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
- The Grand Solmar Land’s End Resort and Spa
Airports In or Nearby San Jose del Cabo For Private Jets
There are a handful of airports that are near to San Jose del Cabo that our clients can use for private jet charters to and from San Jose del Cabo, including:
- Los Cabos International Airport (SJD): This is the seventh busiest airport in the country, and is located a 10-minute drive away from the city center. The airport has three terminals and 4 concourses, and is used by both domestic and international carriers. The public airport sits at an elevation of 370 feet above sea level, and has a single asphalt runway measuring 9,800 feet.
- The Manuel Marquez de Leon International Airport (LAP): This airport is located around 130 miles away from San Jose del Cabo. It is an international airport located in La Paz near the Gulf of California. The airport is located at an altitude of 8,200 feet above sea level and has a single concrete runway measuring 8,200 feet in length.
- Cabo San Lucas International Airport (CSL): Cabo San Lucas International Airport is located 20 miles away from San Jose del Cabo, and 4.5 miles away from Cabo San Lucas. The airport sits at an altitude of 700 feet above sea level, and has a single asphalt runway measuring 7,000 feet in length. The airport is commonly used by chartered and private jet users owing to the low traffic to and from the facility. Services such as aircraft maintenance and hangar rentals are available.
- Punta Colorada Airstrip (PCO): This is a privately owned airport South of La Ribera, 50 miles from San Jose del Cabo. The airport is only used for general aviation purposes. It is located at an elevation of 55 feet above sea level, and has a single dirt runway measuring 2,200 feet in length. The airport is ideal for use by small aircraft.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to San Jose del Cabo?