About Phuket, Thailand
One of the most popular beaches, Phang Nga Bay in Thailand calls Phuket home. This Andaman Sea-located, mountainous island is situated along the Thai western shores. It features crystal clear waters and a population of about 386,605 people on its 222.4 square miles. After depleted by the 20th century, the island’s main mining economy was replaced by tourism and rubber trees. Fortunately for the island’s tourist trade, all attractions have been restored after the devastating 2004 Tsunami. Fortune Magazine rated this island one of the top five retirement destinations in the world.
Popular Destinations in Phuket
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Phuket? One of the most popular travel destinations in the south of Thailand, Phuket is a city offering everything from the water sports to fine dining and more. Here are some of Phuket’s famous tourist attractions:
Bangla Road: Bangla Road is notorious for having the best nightlife in the area. Once the sun sets,this place really comes to life. The 400m street closes to local traffic and is replaced by attractive women, inexpensive beer, loud music, and neon lights. The bars and clubs on Bangla Road compete for customers, and great deals can be found. Some find the loud music defeaning, but visitors can’t beat the shopping, discos, restaurants, pubs, go-go bars, and beer bars if they are looking for the ultimate nighttime party. Have fun dodging the ping-pong shows, street vendors, leaflet distributors, tailor shop salesman, and street performers while enjoying the party.
Phang Nga Bay: Phang Nga Bay offers patrons the opportunity to experience a day that is both unforgettable and unique. Even though visitors may be on vacation, this place will get them thinking. Jutting out of the emerald green waters are sheer limestone cliffs. This is one of the attraction’s most distinctive features. Some tours will allow guests to view the island’s sheltered fauna. Two of the more well-known spots in the bay are Koh Panyee and James Bond Island.
Soi Patong Resort: The 100m, tourist geared link between the above-mentioned Bangla Road and Patong Resort contains a souvenir shop, drink shop, Internet café, tailors, massage parlors, bars, and restaurants. It offers a little something for everyone. Cuisines found along this stretch include Thai, steak houses, Italian, Danish, Indian, German, British, and various combinations of the above. More subdued bars may be found on the Soi Patong Resort than on Bangla Road.
Phuket FantaSea Show: Phuket visitors will not see anything like the Phuket FantaSea Show anywhere else on the globe. Both professional and wacky, this Las Vegas style show combines pyrotechnics, elephants onstage, and trapeze artists for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The amusing show has a loose plot line centered around fantasy, humor, and additional Thai myths for a surprisingly riveting and highly entertaining extravaganza.
Wat Chalong and Phuket Temples: Pagodas beautifully decorated with hundreds of tiny glass fragments reflect not only tradition but colorful twinkles of light at this attraction. Wat Chalong and the Phuket Temples allow visitors to buy just about anything during the country fairs.
Luxury Lodging in Phuket
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Phuket? Phuket is one of the most visited cities in Thailand, and for this reason, it has plenty of luxurious accommodation facilities. Some of top lodging facilities include:
- Andara Resort Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
- Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
- Maikhao Dream Villa Resort & Spa Phuket
- Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
- Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
- The Pavilions, Phuket
- The Surin Phuket
Airports In or Nearby Phuket For Private Jets
There are a number of airports in and near Phuket. This makes it easy to travel to and from the city by air. Some of the noteworthy airports include:
- Phuket International Airport (HKT): This is an international airport that serves the Phuket Island. The airport is located 20 miles away from the Phuket city center and plays a major role in Thailand’s tourism industry. The airport, ranked the third busiest airport in Thailand, has two terminals, and is known to handle 11.3 million arrivals yearly.
- Krabi International Airport (KBV): This airport was opened in 10 July 1999 and is located 108 miles away from Phuket city. The international airport has since grown and now handles more than 3.5 million passengers per year. This airport has an asphalt runway that is designated in the 14/32 direction.
- Surat Thani International Airport (URT): Located 133 miles away from Phuket City, Surat Thani international airport features a passenger movement of over 1.9 million per year. It has a single paved runway that is designated in the 04/22 direction. The Surat Thani Airport is also home to two RTAF (Royal Thai Air Force) squadrons.
- Ranong Airport (UNN: Driving from Ranong Airport to Phuket City takes approximately five hours by road. This regional airport is located in southern Thailand and mainly serves the Ranong region. It has a concrete runway designated in the 02/20 direction.
- Samui International Airport (USM: This airport, also known as Koh Samui Airport, is a private owned airport that is roughly situated six and a half hours of drive away from Phuket. The airport has an open air design which allows it to handle over a million passengers annually. The airport has two terminals, and is the seventh busiest airport in Thailand.
- Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport (NST): This airport is situated 117.4 miles away from Phuket City and can handle 313 passengers per hour. It has ample aircraft parking spaces for Boeing, ATR and helipads. The airport can handle a maximum of 32 flights per day.
- Hat Yai International Airport (HDY): The Hat Yai Airport is a major airport in Thailand’s southern hub, situated 164 miles away from Phuket. This airport handles more than 1.5 million passengers annually, including Muslims on pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Survarnabhumi International Airport (BKK): Located in the capital city of Bangkok, this airport is nearly 800 miles away from Phuket. However, even though it is very far away from Phuket, many travelers use this airport to transit to Phuket city as Bangkok is the most visited city in the country. This airport is also known as the New Bangkok International Airport, and is a focus hub for many airlines. In fact, it is the 12th busiest airport in the world.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Phuket?