About Naples, Italy
Naples is a city located in the Campania region of Italy, Europe. It is the third largest municipality in the country after Milan and Rome. Naples is home to a population of almost 1 million residents within its city administrative limits, and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities not only in Italy, but also worldwide. During the decades after the Second World War, Naples has constructed an advanced subway network, transport network and a large business district. With a strong history spanning 27 centuries and a historic center that covers over 1,700 hectares, Naples definitely deserves its designation as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Popular Destinations in Naples
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Naples? Being home to one of the world’s finest museums that holds Pompeii treasures, visitors will find most of the attractions in Naples to do with palaces, museums and churches. Here are the top destinations that are widely visited by the locals and foreign visitors alike:
National Archeological Museum: This museum contains collections of antiques, most of which are from early excavations of Pompeii. The museum also contains collections from Rome, Parma, Cumae, palaces of Capodimonte and Portici. The ground floor is where visitors will find marble sculptures, including a statue from the Baths of Caracalla in Rome, Farnese Hercules and the Farnese Bull. Highlights on the second floor include the Farnese Atlas, Herculaneum and a collection of bronze sculptures from Pompeii.
San Martino Monastery and Museum: Built in 1325 and reconstructed during the 17th century, this museum was a former Carthusian monastery of San Martino. This church is richly decorated with ceiling frescoes, marble and paintings from the 17th and 18th centuries. The main cloister is surrounded by marble columns and the second is known as Chiostro dei Procuratori. The museum houses historical relics from South Italy and Naples, including an 18th century state coach from the reign of Charles III and Presepe DI Cuciniello.
Castel Nuovo: Also known as Maschio Angioino, Castel Nuovo was a former residence for viceroys and kings of Naples. The history of the building reflects the reigns of various rulers ranging from the Austrians, French, Spanish and Aragonese. Castel Nuovo was built between 1279 and 1282 by Charles I of Anjou. It was later enlarged by Alfonso I of Aragon in 1453-1467 to celebrate his victorious entry into Naples.
Monastery of Santa Chiara: Founded in 1310, it is characterized by Majolica tiles in lively colors, 66 octagonal columns surrounding the cloisters, and long benches covered with tiles. The walls on the interior are covered with 17th century frescoes.
Luxury Lodging in Naples
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Naples?
- Bellasera Hotel
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa
- Hilton Naples
- La Playa Beach and Golf Resort
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort
- Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort
- Naples Bay Resort
- Naples Grande Beach Resort
- The Ritz Carlton Naples
Restaurants in Naples
2 Michelin stars:
- Taverna Estia:
via Guido De Ruggiero 108, 80031 BRUSCIANO
1 Michelin star:
- Il Comandante:
via Cristoforo Colombo 45, 80133 Napoli
via Santi Pietro e Paolo 8, 80010 Quarto
Airports In or Nearby Naples For Private Jets
Interested in renting a private airplane to Naples, Italy? Being a popular destination for the well-heeled, Naples has a good number of airports for private jet users. Some of these include:
- Naples International Airport (NAP): This is the major airport serving the Naples region. It is located around 10 miles away from downtown Naples. The public airport sits at an elevation of around 294 feet above sea level, and has a single bitumen runway measuring 8,600 feet in length. It serves an average of six million passengers a year, and has around 58,000 aircraft movements annually. Services such as aircraft maintenance and fuelling are easily available.
- Ciampino Pastine International Airport (CIA): The Ciampino Pastine International Airport is a major airport located around 110 miles away from Naples. The airport was opened in 1916 and is currently one of the oldest in the region. It has a single bitumen runway measuring 7,200 feet in length, and serves an average of five million passengers annually. Though mostly used by commercial air traffic, private jets and chartered flights are also commonplace.
- Ischia Airport (ISH): Located around 32 miles away from Naples, Ischia Airport is a favorite among many private jet users. The relatively small airport can only handle small to medium sized jets, and commercial flight activity is therefore limited. Ischia airport provides amenities including hangar rentals and aircraft maintenance for a wide variety of aircraft through a number of third parties based at the airport.
- Salerno Costa d’Amalfi Airport (QSR): The Salerno Costa d’Amalfi Airport is located in Salerno, around 40 miles away from Naples. It is located in the Municipality of Pontecagnano Faiano in southern Italy. Started in 1926, the airport currently has a single asphalt runway measuring 5,400 feet in length. It sits at an elevation of 130 feet above sea level, and is designated as a public/military airport. Facilities including jet refueling, aircraft maintenance and hangar rental services are available.
- Abruzzo Airport (PSR): The Abruzzo Airport is located around 150 miles away from Naples. This international airport has a single asphalt runway measuring 7,900 feet in length, and services around 500,000 passengers a year. It accommodates a high number of private jets and chartered flights. The airport has a single terminal building that has two gates, and is one of the most popular airports in the region.
- Capri Airport (PRJ): Capri Airport is a local airport located around 30 miles away from Naples. The relatively small airport has a single runway, and can only accommodate small aircraft. Despite this, it is a relatively popular airport, principally owing to its proximity to Naples. Services including hangar rentals are available, though limited. Fuelling services are available at the airport.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Naples?