About Mustique, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Mustique is a private island that is part of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Along with other islands, Mustique is part of a group of islands known as The Grenadines. In addition to coral reefs, the island is also famous for its fauna which includes herons and tortoises. The population of area is about 500 residents who are concentrated within the villages of Britannia Bay, Lovell and Dover.
Being a private island, the island has about 100 private villas, which are rented out through the Mustique Company. The island also has one hotel, Cotton House, owned by the Mustique Company and Firefly. The history of Mustique dates to the 15th century when the first Spanish sailors sighted a group of rocky of rocky islands and named them ‘Los Pajaros’ or ‘The Birds’.
Popular Destinations in Mustique
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Mustique?
Mustique is one of those Caribbean islands that uniquely combine luxury and elegance with turquoise seas, palm trees and white sands. It is no surprise that Mustique won Travel Channel’s Best Exotic Beach Award in 2013. Here are some of the top attractions here:
Hiking Trails: There are several walking trails scattered all over the island as well as paved roads that will let visitors take in the beautiful sceneries of the island’s bays and beaches. Organized hiking tours are also available for guests staying in private villas as well as those at Cotton House.
Britannia Bay: This is the only harbor in Mustique that is suitable for an overnight stay on a boat. Britannia Bay is also great for diving and snorkeling. Along the beach on Britannia Bay, visitors will find some intriguing sights such as Mustique gingerbread houses.
Basil’s Bar: Basil’s Bar has been in the entertainment business for more than 30 years. It is constructed on stilts on the waterfront and revelers can enjoy spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea as well as Britannia Bay. During the last week of January every year, Basil’s Bar will host the Mustique Blues Festival. The tradition was started by Dana Gillespie, an English singer who at the time was also the owner of the bar. The festival features both regional and international musicians.
Luxury Lodging in Mustique
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Mustique?
- Buccament Bay Spa and Resort
- Canouan Resort
- Palm Island Resort
- Petit St Vincent
- Tamarind Beach Hotel and Yacht Club
- The Cotton House Hotel
Airports In or Nearby Mustique For Private Jets
Interested in chartering a private airplane to Mustique, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines? Travel to and from Mustique has been made easy due to the presence of multiple airports serving the city, including:
- T. Joshua Airport (SVD): This is an airport located in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. It is located around 20 miles away from Mustique. The public airport sits at an elevation of 66 feet above sea level, and has a single asphalt runway measuring 4,500 feet in length. Being not very busy, it is ideal for private and chartered aircraft users. It offers numerous amenities including ample parking and hangar rentals.
- Hewanorra International Airport (UVF): This international airport is located around 70 miles away from Mustique, more specifically located in Vieux Fort in Saint Lucia. It sits 14 feet above sea level. It has one helipad and one runway measuring 9,000 feet, both made of asphalt. The airport can accommodate large aircraft and can also be used by smaller private jets.
- Mustique Airport (MQS): This local airport serves the city of Mustique, and is located around one mile from the city center. The small public airport sits at an elevation of 8 feet, and has a single asphalt runway measuring 3,200 feet in length. Traffic to and from the airport is minimal. It has a single terminal building, and a limited number of hangars that can be rented. Fuelling services are also available on request.
- J F Mitchell Airport (BQU): The JF Mitchell Airport is located just 10 miles away from Mustique. It mainly serves the Bequia region, and serves as a hub for several airlines including SVG Air and Mustique Airways. It has one asphalt runway designated 12/30 which measures 3,600 feet in length. JF Mitchell Airport provides aircraft maintenance through third parties, as well as hangar rentals and fuelling services.
- Canouan Airport (CIW): The Canouan Airport is located around 18 miles away from the city. This airport sits at an elevation of 11 feet above sea level, and has one asphalt runway measuring 5,800 feet in length. A large number of private aircraft users visiting Mustique prefer using Canouan Airport owing to its strategic location and low air traffic. The airport has one terminal building with three gates. Services such as aircraft maintenance and fuelling are available on request. The airport is fairly busy owing to its popularity.
- Palm Island Airport (PLI): Palm Island Airport lies within a 25-mile radius from Mustique. Private charter, aircraft rentals, hangar services and aircraft maintenance services are offered at the facility.
- Union Island Airport (UNI): Located on Union Island, this local airport is around 25 miles away from the Mustique city center. The public airport is relatively small and has a single paved runway measuring 2,400 feet in length, and this is more ideal for smaller aircraft.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Mustique?