About Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles is the second largest city in the United States. Besides featuring Hollywood as the renowned jewel on the world’s entertainment stage, it has seen the growth of numerous industries, which include petroleum, agriculture, and aerospace. L.A. is a major American entertainment industry hub, and enjoys a Mediterranean climate. It is also a cosmopolitan city surrounded on three sides by mountains. The city has hosted two Olympics Games in its history.
Popular Destinations in Los Angeles
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Los Angeles? Los Angeles is home to many world-famous attractions and popular destinations.
Walk of Fame at Hollywood Boulevard: Millions of visitors have chosen to trace the steps of the glamorous stars that have been imprinted along the sidewalk on the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Visitors can not only walk down memory lane in Hollywood’s tribute to their brightest stars, they can also snap a photo with their favorite honoree’s star.
Venice Beach: The oceanfront walk at Venice Beach is bustling with human carnival, which can be a great place for skating, cycling, and people watching.
Disneyland: This theme park, now known officially as Disneyland Park, is located in Anaheim, California. It has roughly 80 attractions, and the park is open year round.
Museum Row: Art and history connoisseur’s can go museum hopping in the heart of Los Angeles along Museum Row. This is where modern art meets pop culture with natural history in tow. Museum Row on Miracle Mile is area on Wilshire Blvd between Fairfax Avenue and La Brea Boulevard that is home to four museums:
Craft and Folk Art Museum, La Brea Tar Pits, Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Petersen Automotive Museum.
Hollywood Movie Studios: There are over a dozen of movie studios located in Hollywood alone and among the most popular tours include the Universal Studios tour, the Sony Pictures Studio tour, the Warner Brothers Studio tour, and the Paramount Studio tour.
Luxury Lodging in Los Angeles
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Los Angeles? If you are looking for luxury accommodations in L.A., you will find an entourage of hotels which includes:
- Four Seasons Los Angeles
- Hotel Bel-Air
- Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica
- Montage Beverly Hills
- Ritz Carlton Marina Del Ray
- Shutters on the Beach
- Terranea – L.A.’s Oceanfront Resort
- The Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa Pasadena
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills
- The Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles
- W Los Angeles Westwood
Airports In or Nearby Los Angeles For Private Jets
Looking for a private jet charter to Los Angeles, California? There are numerous airports that serve the Los Angeles, CA area, making it easier for you to hire a private charter jet to L.A. today:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): This airport serves as a major hub for travelers in the Greater Los Angeles area. The airport is a convenient commuting option for city-bound travelers, located about 16 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Note that it services international flights only and is not open to domestic private flights.
- Van Nuys Airport (VNY): This airport is an excellent choice for private jet charter flights, and is a popular option for many Hollywood celebrities and business executives. Located in San Fernando Valley, it is not open to international private flights.
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR): Situated about three miles away from the central business district of Burbank, Bob Hope Airport is the closest airport in the area to Hollywood and thus a highly frequented departure and arrival point by motion picture studio executives.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT): This airport is located 38 miles east of the city of Los Angeles and under 20 miles away from San Bernardino. With two long parallel runways, Ontario International Airport is a favorite with pilots for its favorable take-off and landing conditions.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA): Also known as Santa Ana Airport, John Wayne Airport is situated in Orange County, home to the famous Disneyland Resort and other major attractions. The airport is the second busiest airport in the area, having handled over nine million passengers in the year 2013.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB): Located about three miles away from the City of Long Beach, the airport is in close proximity to the pristine beaches of Los Angeles, including the scenic area of Malibu.
- Santa Monica Airport (SMO): Situated six miles away from Los Angeles International Airport and 2 miles away from Santa Monica Bay, this airport is not used for commercial airlines and is mainly used to service private flights.
- San Gabriel Valley Airport (EMT): A general aviation airport formerly known as El Monte Airport, this airport has just received a name change in November 2014.
- Oxnard Airport (OXR):Located in downtown Oxnard in Ventura County, it is not open to commercial flights and has one asphalt runway.
- San Bernardino International Airport (SBD): Situated less than two miles away from the San Bernardino city center, San Bernardino International Airport supports more than 28,000 flights each year for general aviation and corporate flights.
- Riverside Municipal Airport (RAL): Featuring one helipad and two asphalt runways, this airport is 50 miles away from the greater Los Angeles. It is considered a convenient point of departure for Mexico, Pacific Rim and other North America business destinations.
- Palmdale Regional Airport (PMD): If your destination is Palmdale, CA, this is the most convenient airport to land. Located in Antelope Valley, Palmdale Airport also shares its runway with United States Air Force Plant 42.
- Camarillo Airport (KCMA): Located in the southwest of the city of Camarillo, it is a county-run airport that serves privately operated general aviation aircraft exclusively.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Los Angeles?