About Curitiba, Brazil
Curitiba, Brazil is not only the capital of Parana (a Southern Brazilian state), but it is also its largest city. Curitiba is known for its impressive skyline, which is made complete with the Panoramic Tower’s observatory. Curitiba boasts a population of over 1,879,355 people covering 166.4 square miles. Curitiba offers a lot when it comes to cultural opportunities. The Guaira Theater’s shows are quite diverse, and the Wire Opera House’s building is a wonder itself. With a transparent root and a tubular steel structure, the Opera House is a spot not to be missed. Curitiba became the capital in 1853 and has since worked hard to properly manage its growth. These days, the city is revered as an international role model for its dealings with the environment and transportation.
Popular Destinations in Curitiba
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Curitiba? With 2 million annual visitors, there are clearly a wealth of tourist attractions offered in the area. Some of the best attractions are listed below:
Museu Oscar Niemeyerr: Painted in bold colors, whimsical dancing figures decorate this exotic building. The Museu Oscar Niemeyerr was designed by the same architect who was responsible for much of Brazil’s other architecture. The building is therefore named for him. Inside the museum, visitors will find an excellent exhibition curated by Niemeyer himself. Additionally, there are many other 20th and 21st century works developed by international and Brazilian artists featured here.
Barolo: Those who crave some Italian cuisine can do no better than this upscale trattoria in Curitiba’s Italian neighborhood. The food here offers patrons their very own cast-iron skillets. Diners can also pick their own pastas and sauces, making this an interactive experience. The signature Barolo dish, complete with tomatoes, broccoli, and red and green peppers, is one of the many recommended meals here. Reservations are strongly encouraged for those who want to be sure they get a table.
Hop-N-Roll: No less than 32 draft beer options are offered at the Hop-N-Roll craft beer bar. Beer is made directly on the premises, but that’s not all patrons can do here. Sampling from selected imports and artistanal Brazilian brews are other favorite pastimes. Among the 130+ bottled beers and draft beers available, customers are bound to fine something that fits their palate. All drinks are served in their respective pints, but those who wish to stay a while can opt for a sit-down drink.
Manu: Is it a journey or a meal? That is the question often asked when people come to Manu. With the impressive tasting options offered on their extensive menu, it’s easy to see why people love dining at Manu. All of the food served is grown either directly in the restaurant’s onsite organic nursery, or is locally sourced from regional farms. Chef Manella Buffara is world-renowned. He previously cooked at Chicago’s ‘Alinea’ and Copenhagen’s ‘Noma’, two of the world’s most famous kitchens. Now that she is Curitiba’s hottest chef, Buffara displays her innovation through unorthodox pairings of various wines and ever-evolving dishes.
Oi Torre Panoramica: The best possible view of Curitiba, Oi Torre Panoramica offers full 360° sights from its observation deck. The deck is at the very top of this 109-meter high attraction. This has been listed as one of the world’s best places for those interested in photography, but even less professional individuals who simply appreciate a beautiful cityscape will find Oi Torre Panoramica enjoyable.
Jardim Botanico: Crisscrossed by walking paths, studded with sculptures and far south of the city lies this impressive botanical wonder. The Jardim Botanico’s signature centerpiece is the greenhouse made from metal and glass.
Opera de Arame: One of the most unique landmarks in Curitiba, the Opera de Arame features a theater constructed entirely out of wire. Additionally, there is a beautiful glass roof that tops the building. A stone park with an outdoor stage surrounds the theater, and is often host to events during the warmer seasons.
Luxury Lodging in Curitiba
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Curitiba? Curitiba is a growing tourist location in Brazil. Several high end lodging facilities here can accommodate luxury travelers, including:
- Bourbon Curitiba Convention Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba
- Nomaa Hotel
- Pestana Curitiba
- Radisson Hotel Curitiba
- Ramada Curitiba Rayon Centro-Batel
Airports In or Nearby Curitiba For Private Jets
A number of airports are located in and around Curitiba, making air travel for private jet users easy and convenient. These include:
- Afonso Pena International Airport (CWB):Located around 10 miles from Curitiba, Afonso Pena International Airportis one of the major airports in Brazil. It is the main airport serving Curitiba, andis a hub for Azul Brazilian Airlines. The airport stands at an altitude of 2988 feet above sea level and has twoasphalt runways measuring 5900 feet and 7200 feet in length, designated in the 11/29 and 15/33 directions respectively. The airport serves more than 7 million passengers annually, and has more than 75,000 aircraft operations per year.
- Joinville-Lauro Carneiro de Loyola Airport (JOI):Joinville-Lauro Carneiro de Loyola Airport is located 90 miles away from Curitiba and stands13 feet above sea level. The local airport has oneasphalt runway measuring 5,300 feet in length. The airport serves around half a million passengers annually, and has slightly over 10,000 aircraft operations per year.
- Navegantes-Ministro Victor Konder International Airport (NVT):Navegantes-Ministro Victor Konder International Airport is located 120 miles from Curitiba. The airport stands at an altitude of 18 feet above sea level, and has one asphalt runway designated in the 07/25 direction, and measuring 5500 feet in length. The airport serves slightly over 1.5 million passengers a year, and has around 21,000 aircraft operations annually.
- Tancredo Thomas de Faria Airport (GBP): This airport is located around 150 miles from Curitiba, and is at an altitude of 3500 feet above sea level. It has one asphalt runway measuring 5,300 feet in length.The airport is not very busy, serving an average of 900 passengers annually and with 2,800 aircraft operations annually. The low commercial airline traffic makes it ideal for private aircraft use.
- Caçador Airport (CFC): This airport is located around 180 miles from Curitiba, and sits at an altitude of 3376 feet above sea level. It has one asphalt runway measuring 5331 feet in length designated in the 02/20 direction. It is not used by commercial air services, but accommodates private aircraft use.
- Florianópolis-Hercílio Luz International Airport (FLN): Florianópolis-Hercílio Luz International Airport is located 180miles from Curitiba. The airport sits at an altitude of 16 feet above sea level, and has one concrete runway measuring 4921 feet in length as well as an asphalt runway measuring 7500 feet long.The airport serves an average of 3 million passengers annually, and has more than 47,000 aircraft movements annually.
- São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport (GRU):São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport is located230 miles from Curitiba. The airport serves as a hub for multiple commercial airlines including Avianca Brazil. The airportsitsat an altitude of 2459 feet above sea level. It has twoasphalt runways measuring 12,100 feet and 9,800 feet in length. The airport serves more than 38 million passengers annually, making it one of the busiest in the country. It has more than 300,000 aircraft operations annually and an economic impact of US$ 3 billion.
- Viracopos-Campinas International Airport (VCP): Viracopos-Campinas International Airport is located 220 miles away from Curitiba and sits at an altitude of 2,170 feet above sea level. It has one asphalt runway measuring 10,000 feet in length and serves more than 10 million passengers annually.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Curitiba?