About Carlsbad, California
Carlsbad is known as an affluent seaside resort city that occupies a significant stretch of the Pacific coastline in California. Coined as The Village by the Sea by locals, the city is also the base of many notable corporate headquarters which include Razer USA, TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company, Osiris Shoes, ViaSat, and Business.com. The city has a semi-arid Mediterranean climate that enjoys more than 260 sunny days per year on average, and winters are mild with periodic rain. Public figures such as Tony Hawk, Jon Foreman, Taylor Knox and Frank Alesia all have homes in Carlsbad.
Popular Destinations in Carlsbad
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Carlsbad? Carlsbad has many major attractions to explore. Some of the best attractions include:
Oceanside Pier: Located in northern San Diego County, Oceanside Pier is a great place to launch sailboats for high-sea adventures. There is also a small and quaint fishing pier that is perfect for a family outing. Visitors will be able to catch a variety of local species and this will be a great experience for kids as well.
Legoland California Resort: There are more than 60 rides, shows and attractions at this resort and it will provide visitors and their families endless opportunities for entertainment and exploration. In addition to being a truly exciting and inspirational theme park in San Diego, the resort offers visitors two water parks for a superb aquatics play experience.
Batiquitos Lagoon: Located in southern Carlsbad, Batiquitos Lagoon is a coastal wetland and part of it is designated as a state marine conversation area. As a nature reserve, it is run by the California Department of Fish and Game. Visitors who wish to learn more about the natural history of the lagoon can visit the Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation Nature Center. There are featured guided walks that cover the importance of the lagoon as its status as an essential habitat for mammals, fish, plants, insects, birds and benthic organisms.
Craftsmanship Museum: Officially known as The Joe Martin Foundation Craftsmanship Museum, this is a museum located in Carlsbad. It displays and collects unique and carefully-crafted objects of wood and metal. The extensive collection includes more nearly 300 working miniature engines as well as models of automobiles and aircraft. Visitors will find it hard to miss the notable 1/92 scale model of a large gravity-powered wall clock and the German battleship, Bismarck.
South Carlsbad State Beach: Established in the 1930s, the park covers a total area of approximately 44 acres. The state beach is a protected beach in the state park system of California. Some of the most popular activities that visitors indulge in here are beachcombing, fishing, scuba diving, surfing and swimming.
Luxury Lodging in Carlsbad
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Carlsbad? If you are looking for a luxurious and comfortable stay in Carlsbad, there are plenty of choices for you to choose from, including:
- Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar
- Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, North San Diego
- Hotel Solamar, A Kimpton Hotel
- La Costa Resort and Spa
- L’Auberge Del Mar – Destination Hotels & Resorts
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort
- Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa
- Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- The Grande Colonial Hotel, La Jolla
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- The US GRANT, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Airports In or Nearby Carlsbad For Private Jets
Interested in a private aircraft charter to Carlsbad, California? There are many airports located near Carlsbad that private jet users can use. Here are some of the available airports:
- San Diego International Airport (SAN): The international airport is located approximately three miles northwest of San Diego’s downtown area. The airport has three terminals, but the third commuter terminal was closed to house administrative offices since June 2015. The airport has a single asphalt/concrete runway that is designated in the 9/27 direction.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA): Located less than 55 miles away from Carlsbad, John Wayne Airport is an international airport that has three terminals and two asphalt runways in the 2L/20R and 2R/20L directions. The airport also facilitates corporate and general aviation flights.
- Tijuana International Airport (TIJ): Located approximately 54 miles from the city, Tijuana International Airport is composed of a three terminals and an asphalt runway in the 09/27 direction. The airport has a General Aviation Building and it facilitates non-commercial and general aviation flights. The GAB can handle up to 120 passengers per hour.
- McClellan–Palomar Airport (CLD): Located approximately three miles southeast of Carlsbad, the public airport is open for general aviation. The airport has one asphalt runway in the 6/24 direction and a H1 asphalt helipad. General aviation makes up for more than 80% of the airport’s aircraft operations and the rest includes military, commercial, scheduled and air taxi flights.
- Oceanside Municipal Airport (OCN): Located about seven miles away from Carlsbad, the airport is managed and operated by Airport Property Ventures, and is used mainly for general aviation purposes. The airport sits at an elevation of 28 feet above mean sea level and has a single asphalt runway in the 6/24 direction.
- Montgomery Field Airport (MYF): Located less than 30 miles from Carlsbad, Montgomery Field Airport is one of the busiest of its kinds that handles small aircraft and has a number of jets and turboprops based here. There are three asphalt runways that are in the 5/23, 10L/28R and 10R/28L directions as well as two helipads.
- Gillespie Field (SEE): Located approximately 40 miles from Carlsbad, Gillespie Field is a general aviation airport that features three asphalt runways in the 17/35, 9R/27L and 9L/27R directions. Aircraft that are based here also include helicopters, multi-engines, single-engines and gliders.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Carlsbad?