About New Delhi, India
New Delhi is the capital of India, and serves as the center of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. It is also one of the eleven districts of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. New Delhi has a humid subtropical climate which is monsoon-influenced. The cosmopolitan city has a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic presence of the Indian political and bureaucracy system. Widely recognized as the largest commercial city in Northern India, many foreign businesses set up their base offices in this city.
Popular Destinations in New Delhi
New Delhi is a rare blend of cultures and traditions. Over the years, it has become a popular destination for global trekkers. Here are some of the top destinations New Delhi has to offer:
Kingdom of Dreams: The Kingdom of Dreams is the ultimate leisure and live entertainment destination in New Delhi. This place introduces every visitor to a blend of India’s cuisine, craft, heritage, culture and performing arts with a touch of modern technology. Visiting the Showshaa Theatre is a good start to catch a live performance from the great Indian talent circus as well as watch Indian mythology productions with amazing lighting effects.
iSKATE: Located in the Ambience Mall Gurgaon, iSKATE is the country’s first natural ice skating rink. The destination offers a unique experience for all visitors with its various leisure activities.
Heritage Transport Museum: The museum was built to showcase the evolution of transportation in India and it has managed to set a benchmark in communication, exhibition and interpretation. It is the first private museum of its kind in the country and is a family-friendly venue for all.
Rocksport Zorbing Balls: This is India’s leading adventure brand and destination for top quality inflatable climbing walls, velcro walls, bungee runs, sumo suits, water zorbing, body zorbing, zorbing balls. Zorbing is a newly invented recreational sport in India that involves two transparent plastic balls (one ball will be inside the second ball) with a layer of air in between them. Zorbers will be harnessed inside the smaller ball before being allowed to roll down on gentle slopes.
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib: This is one of the most prominent Sikh houses of worship in India. The popular destination provides travelers with a unique cultural experience unlike another. For instance, visitors will walk through a small amount of water to cleanse the feet as they enter the main building. They will also get to see Sikh religious writings which are an eye-opener for many foreign visitors. Many who have visited religious places around the globe have ranked this Sikh house of worship at the top of the list for its hospitality and spirituality elements.
Luxury Lodging in New Delhi
New Delhi is home to a significant number of luxury accommodation facilities as it is a popular travel destination in the world. The most notable of these include:
- Dusit Devarana New Delhi
- ITC Grand Bharat
- Kempinski Ambience New Delhi
- Leela Kempinski Guragon
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Claridges New Delhi
- The Grand New Delhi
- The LaLit New Delhi
- The Leela Palace New Delhi
- The Maurya New Delhi
- The Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi
- The Oberoi Gurgaon
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
Airports In or Nearby New Delhi
In need of a private jet charter to New Delhi, India? India is considered to have one of the fastest growing economies in the world, and the prolific growth of its travel infrastructure is testament to this. Some of the airport options one has when traveling to this city include:
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL): This is the primary aviation hub in the Indian capital. It is spread over more than 5000 acres of land and is located 9 miles southwest of the capital. It is the busiest airport in the country in terms of traffic and has three parallel runways measuring respectively 3800, 2800 and 4400 feet in length.
- Jaipur International Airport (JAI): Jaipur Airport is located 165 miles away from New Delhi, and 9 miles from the city of Jaipur. It is the only international airport in Rajasthan. The airport has two parallel runways measuring 9,000 and 5,000 feet in length and can accommodate both private and commercial air traffic.
- Agra Airport (AGR): This is a public airport that serves the city of Agra in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The airport is located 120 miles from New Delhi and has two parallel runways measuring 2700 and 1800 meters in length. The airport does not receive much commercial air traffic, making it ideal for private jet charter use.
- Jolly Grant Airport (DED): Also known as Dehradun Airport, this is located in the state of Uttarakhand in India, close to the Himalayas. It is located around 150 miles from New Delhi. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 2140m in length. Jolly Grant serves commercial traffic from Air India Regional, Jet Airways and SpiceJet. It accommodates private air traffic as well. Facilities to support this include hangar rentals.
- Chandigarh Airport (IXC): This is one of the major airports in North India, and is located around 160 miles away from New Delhi. It has a single 9,000 foot asphalt runway and handles an average of 1.2 million passengers a year. It also provides facilities for private aircraft users including hangar rentals, fuelling and aircraft servicing.
- Pantnagar Airport (PGH): Pantanagar Airport is a domestic airport that mainly functions as a hub for private aircraft, though commercial air traffic to and from the airport is significant. The length of the runway was recently increased to 4500 feet, making it possible to accommodate larger aircraft.
- Sahenwal Airport (LUH): This is an airport that serves the city of Ludhiana, and is located around 170 miles away from New Delhi. It is spread over an area of 30 acres, making it a relatively small airport. It has a single runway 4800 feet long, and serves commercial traffic from Air India Regional. It’s commonly used as a hub for private air traffic as well.
- Shimla Airport (SLV): This is an airport located around 220 miles away from New Delhi. It is a relatively small airport, with a single runway measuring 1190 meters long. It is ideal for private aircraft users who are traveling on small to medium sized aircraft.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to New Delhi?