About Seattle, WA
Seattle has an estimated number of 650,000 residents, and is one of the largest cities in the state of Washington as well as in the North West. The metropolitan area in the city is home to more than 3.6 million people. It is situated between Puget Sound and Lake Washington, less than 100 miles away from the border with Canada. Home to the 8th largest port in the country, it is one of the major container-handling cities, making it a major trading centre. A number of industries that include ship building, aircraft manufacturing, biotechnology, and software development make Seattle a bustling business centre. Famous brands such as Microsoft, Amazon and Starbucks are all based in Seattle.
Popular Destinations in Seattle
Seattle has a wide variety of attractions that a visitor can indulge in. They include:
The Museum of Flight: The city of Seattle has been central in the development of many technologies in aviation. As a testament to this, the Museum of Flight was developed to showcase some of these. This is the largest air and space museum in the western side of the country. Set over 12 acres of land, the museum has exhibits with themes ranging from everything to spacecraft to flight simulators. It is home to more than 30 aircraft suspended on the building ceiling, and also has an exhibition dedicated to William Boeing.
The Northwest Trek Wildlife Park: This is home to more than 150 species of animals. Visiting this park gives you the opportunity to get up close and personal with each, making it ideal for those who want to be at one with nature. The park is located only an hour from Seattle, and is set on more than 700 acres of land.
The Seattle Space Needle: This is a 520 foot-tall tower located just on the outskirts of the city. It has an Observation Deck at the very top which offers visitors the opportunity to have a 360-degree view of the surrounding areas. It also boasts electronic kiosks that offer an individual the opportunity to get any information they need. It costs a maximum of $18 for a ticket if you get one online.
The Woodland Park Zoo: This is hailed as one of the best zoos in the world. It is home to one of the largest collections of animals in the state, having more than 300 species of animals available. Some of the animals you can expect to see include cheetahs, otters and penguins. Part of the appeal of visiting this zoo stems from the fact that it’s only a few minutes’ drive from the city, making it a convenient commute.
The Seattle Aquarium: The Seattle aquarium gives you the opportunity to experience the wonders of a marine environment. The main showcase is the 120,000 gallon showcase that has a number of dive shows on a daily basis.
Luxury Lodging in Seattle
Being a very busy city, you can expect that Seattle has its own luxury class of hotels for its visitors. Some of the opulent hotels you can opt for include:
- Alexis Seattle, A Kimpton Hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
- Grand Hyatt Seattle
- Hotel 1000
- Hotel Andra
- Hotel Bellevue
- Hotel Monaco Seattle, A Kimpton Hotel
- Hyatt at Olive 8
- Inn at the Market
- Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
- Salish Lodge & Spa
- Seattle Marriott Waterfront
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- Sorrento Hotel
- The Artic Club Seattle
- The Edgewater
- The Fairmont Olympic Hotel
- The Healthman Hotel
- The Westin Seattle
- The Woodmark Hotel Hotel & Spa
Airports In or Nearby Seattle
In need of a private jet charter to Seattle, Washington? Seattle is a major transport hub, and for this reason has many transport facilities available. Some of the airports in the region include:
- Seattle-Tacoma Airport (SEA): This is a major airport in the Seattle region, commonly known as SeaTac. It is also the largest airport in the Pacific Northwest. It is located around 12 miles south of the Seattle CBD. It functions as a major hub for traffic to and from other international destinations including North America, the Middle East and Asia. Horizon Air, and Alaska Airlines use this airport as their base hub.
- Boeing Field/King County International Airport (BFI): This airport is located around 5 miles south of Seattle. It mostly serves general aviation and cargo, but also has some passenger activity as well. It was named after the founder of Boeing.
- Auburn Municipal Airport (S50): Auburn Airport is located 2 miles north of Auburn. It covers an area of 110 acres, and has one asphalt runway. It’s mostly used for general aviation purposes and is the closest commercial airport from SeaTac.
- Renton Municipal Airport (RNT): This is a municipal airport located in Renton, around 25 minutes from downtown Seattle. It’s one of the most centrally located airports, being at the center of the network that connects highways 900, 167, 515 and 169 to Interstate Highways 90, 5 and 405. It also functions as the initial point of departure for planes manufactured by Boeing in the adjacent factory.
- Snohomish Country Airport (PAE): Also known as the Plaine Field Airport, the Snohomish County Airport is located between Everett and Mukilteo in Washington. It has three runways that are round 9,000 feet long, and has 456 general aviation hangars available.
- Firstair Field (W16): This general aviation airport is located 2 miles northwest of Monroe. It services an average of 50 aircraft a day, and has 1 asphalt runway.
- Sky Harbor Airport (Washington) (S86): The Sky Harbor Airport is a general aviation airport located one mile east of Sultan’s CBD. It covers an area of 20 acres, and handles an average of 50 aircraft a month.
- Spanaway Airport (S44): The Spanaway Airport is located around 40 miles northeast of Washington. Despite the fact that it’s a small airport, it has all the amenities required for landing and servicing of chartered aircraft.
- Kenmore Air Harbor (S60): Situated one nautical mile south of Kenmore’s CBD, and at the northern end of Lake Washington, Kenmore Air Harbor is an airport that mainly serves seaplanes, and small chartered aircraft. It also features a dedicated team of aircraft professionals to offer both aircraft maintenance and repair services.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Seattle?