About Charlotte, NC
Charlotte is nicknamed the “Queen City”. With a strong economy, it is considered to be the second largest banking center in United States, after New York. Charlotte received its current name in 1762 in order to honor a British Queen called Charlotte Sophia. Living in a humid, subtropical climate, the Charlotteans, as Charlotte residents are known, experience short and cool winters as well as hot and humid summers.
Popular Destinations in Charlotte
Not only that Charlotte is an important banking center in the United States, this city is also a popular tourist destination. Here are some of the most famous and entertaining attractions in Charlotte:
NASCAR Hall of Fame: Charlotte houses the NASCAR Hall of Fame, a spectacular place filled with interactive exhibits, special events, simulator rides, and interesting artifacts. Here, you will also find a large gift shop if you want to bring home souvenirs and if you are hungry, enjoy a delicious meal at the NASCAR Hall of Fame Café or at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant.
The Billy Graham Library: Billy Graham was one of the most influential voices of the 20th century, and now you can have the chance to discover his work by visiting the The Billy Graham Library. A tour of this place will allow you to see multimedia exhibits as well as memorabilia and films in order to learn more about his message about the love of God.
Blumenthal Performing Arts Center: This place is famous for its fabulous acoustics and friendly greeters. Here, you can enjoy the best of Broadway at an affordable price. Make sure that you make a reservation on time as this place can get crowded sometimes.
Discovery Place: If you are visiting with your family members then you should see the Discovery Place, an amazing science center where you can walk through rainforest, admire fascinating water creatures in the newly-designed aquarium or witness amazing experiments. Kids of all ages will definitely love to visit this famous destination, and will especially love the magic shows and interactive exhibits.
Hendrick Motorsports Complex: The polite staff at the Hendrick Motorsports Complex will guide you through this museum where you can see the vehicles that belonged to Mr. Hendrick. You can also see his parents’ old store as well as the first vehicle he bought. There is also a spacious gift shop from where you can buy impressive and affordable vehicle-related artifacts.
The Bank of America Stadium: This is widely regarded as one of the best stadiums in the United States, and here you get the chance to be a spectator in impressive soccer games and other sporting events. There are many parking spots available for visitors and during game breaks, you can enjoy a large selection of delicious foods and refreshing beers in local restaurants.
Luxury Lodging in Charlotte
Here is a short list of swanky hotels you can stay at during your trip to Charlotte:
- Charlotte Marriott City Center
- Charlotte Marriott SouthPark
- Hilton Charlotte Center City
- Omni Charlotte Hotel
- The Ballantyne, A Luxury Collection Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte
- The Westin Charlotte
Airports In or Nearby Charlotte
Looking for a private aircraft charter to Charlotte, North Carolina? When it comes to private chartered flights, there are many airport choices for you to select from, regardless whether you want to land at or depart from Charlotte:
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT): The main airport serving Charlotte, Charlotte Douglas International Airport is also the largest hub of US Airways. One of the busiest airports in the United States and in the entire world, it serves over 175 domestic and international destinations. Its convenient location in Charlotte, NC, makes it a great starting point for trips anywhere on the east coast of the United States.
- Concord Regional Airport (KJQF):Located just 7 nautical miles away from the Concord business district, the Concord Regional Airport is sometimes known as “NASCAR’s airport” due to the numerous race teams that have their aircraft fleets based there, and its proximity to Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO): The Piedmont Triad International Airport has 3 runways, and serves the entire Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. Situated in Greensboro, a business and logistics hub, the airport is also home to the Honda Aircraft Company’s research and development facility since 2000. Its convenient location between Charlotte and Raleigh makes it a perfect entry point for those who want to experience the best of North Carolina.
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL): Located near 2 highways, I-40 and I-26, Asheville Regional Airport has an 8001 foot runway that is able to accommodate almost any type of aircraft. The airport is popular with tourists looking to get a glimpse of some of the most spectacular waterfalls in the United States, a few of which are conveniently located within driving distance of Asheville Regional Airport.
- Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport ( EQY): Formerly known as Monroe Regional Airport, this airport is convenient for the main business district of Monroe City. The I-485 is located near the airport, which provides travelers and residents alike with a convenient way to reach downtown Charlotte as well as several nearby cities.
- Gastonia Municipal Airport (AKH): Gastonia Municipal Airport is located near the border of North Carolina, and South Carolina. Surrounded by several national forests, the airport is the perfect destination for those seeking to enjoy the natural beauty of both these two states. For the more urban-inclined, Gastonia Municipal Airport is well-connected to regional hub Charlotte via several highways.
- Rowan Country Airport (SRW): Located 3 miles away from Salisbury’s central business district, Rowan Country Airport is also 40 miles away from the city of Charlotte. It is mainly used for general aviation operations, and features 1 asphalt runway. There are extra services provided here at this airport which includes aircraft maintenance, avionics repair, flight training, and rental cars for passengers.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Charlotte?