About Kathmandu, Nepal
Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal, home to the majestic Mt. Everest. This beautiful city stands 1,400 meters (4,593 feet) above the sea level, and is surrounded by eight of the 10 highest mountains on Earth. Kathmandu also features a long and rich history, which stretches over more than 2,000 years. It is the country’s main gateway to its stunning scenery. Nepalese are among the friendliest and most hospitable people in the world, treating visitors with genuine estimation, something that emanates from their deep spirituality.
Popular Destinations in Kathmandu
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Kathmandu? Kathmandu’s tourism sector has developed drastically in the recent past. If you are visiting Kathmandu, don’t miss out on the following popular destinations:
Boudhanath Stupa: This place was designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1979 and today, it remains as one of the most impressive tourist attractions in Kathmandu. The Stupa has a diameter of 120 meters (393 feet), and it is constructed over an octagonal foundation. The Boudhanath Stupa features multiple colorful flags, and it also has imposing statues which represent air, water, fire, earth as well as ether.
Durbar Square: Visitors who visit Kathmandu can also explore the Durbar Square which is surrounded by numerous temples and royal palaces. The Taleju Temple was built back in 1564 and it stands at a height of nearly 35 meters (114 feet). The Kasthamandap is another attraction you must see, as it features impressive architecture that will keep you spell-bounded with the underlying cultural heritage.
Chitwan National Park: Established in 1973, this national park stretches over an area of nearly 932 square kilometers (579 square miles). It received the UNESCO World Heritage Site status in 1984. It is a natural reserve featuring forests, marshlands, and jungles. The word “Chitwan” actually means “Heart of the Jungle” and here, visitors have the unique opportunity to catch wild boars, hyenas, deer, crocodiles, rhinoceros as well as more than 450 species of birds in action. Other areas of the Chitwan National Park are also home to other wildlife animals such as Bengal tigers, wild elephants, leopards, bears, and more.
Kopan Monastery: The monastery was founded in the 1970s and it is an ideal place for you to seek peace, serenity, and inner reflection. It is currently the home of more than 360 monks who offer courses on meditation and yoga.
Royal Botanical Gardens: The Royal Botanical Gardens can be found 11 miles south of the capital city of Nepal. They stretch over 82 hectares of land and they currently feature more than 500 species of plants, flowers, and herbs. If you are a fan of flora and fauna, this is certainly the place to be.
Luxury Lodging in Kathmandu
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Kathmandu? Kathmandu has become one of the most exotic travel destinations in the world. Because many of the visitors are elite travelers who seek a unique travel experience, Kathmandu has addressed their needs by offering a variety of luxury hotels and lodgings here:
- Dwarika’s Hotel
- Gokarna Forest Resort
- Hotel Friends Home
- Hotel Mi Casa
- Hotel Shambala
- Hotel Shanker
- Hotel Tibet International
- Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
- Radission Hotel Kathmandu
- Royal Penguin Boutique Hotel
- Shambaling Hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel Kathmandu
- The Hotel Yak and Yeti
Airports In or Nearby Kathmandu For Private Jets
Interested in a private aircraft charter to Kathmandu, Nepal? Over the past few years, the city of Nepal has gained international attention as an ideal travel destination for both tourism and business. Some of the airports that can be used for private jet charter purposes include:
- Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM): This is the main airport for the city of Kathmandu. It is located around four miles from the city center, and is the busiest in the country. It is in fact the only international airport in Nepal, and has been in existence since 1949. It handles both domestic and international air traffic. At present, more than 30 airlines use KTM, and it has become an important aviation hub to access the Middle East and Asia.
- Bajhang Airport (BJH): This is an airport that mainly serves the Bhajang area in Nepal. It is a relatively quiet airport, with one runway around 700 meters long. BJH is mainly used by the Nepal Airlines, though private aircraft users can also have access to it.
- Bajura Airport (BJU): This airport is located in the Seti Zone in Nepal. It sits at around 4,300 feet above sea level, and has one runway that is around 600 meters long. It is mainly used by Nepal Airlines and Tara Air, especially for traffic en route to Nepalgunj. The fact that it has lesser air traffic makes it a perfect airport for private aircraft users.
- Bhadhrapur Airport (BDP): Located in the Mechi Zone in Nepal, the Bhadhrapur Airport is fast becoming one of the most important airports in the country. It’s stands at 300 feet above sea level, and has one asphalt runway that is around 4,000 feet in length. In addition to handling air traffic from the Nepalese Air Force, the Bhadrapur Airport is also used by Buddha Air and the Yeti Airlines.
- Bharatpur Airport (BHR): This airport has an interesting history, being put in place as part of a resettlement and malaria control program in the region. BHR was first used in 1965, making it one of the youngest airports in the country. The Bharatpur Airport is located only less than 1 mile away from the city of Bharatpur.
- Bhojpur Airport (BHP): This is located in the Bhojpur district in the Kosi Zone, Nepal. The airport is at an elevation of around 4,000 feet above sea level, and has one runway around 550 meters long. It serves as a main hub for Nepal Airlines and Tara Air.
- Thamkharka Airport (TMK): The Thamkharka Airport serves the Khotang Bazar district in Nepal, and is located around 62 miles away from Kathmandu. TMK has one runway.
- Lamidanda Airport (LDN): Standing at an elevation of around 4000 feet above sea level, the Lamidanda Airport is a small sized airport that serves a village by the same name. LDN is particularly popular among people who are interested in reaching the more remote areas in this region.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Kathmandu?