About Budapest, Hungary
Flanking the River Danube is Budapest, the largest city of Hungary and one of the biggest cities of the European Union. Home to over 1.7 million residents, the city of Budapest spans over 202 square miles, and was established in 1873 with the union of the cities, Pest, Buda and Obuda. Today, Budapest is one of the most stunning and amazing cities in Europe, with its breathtaking views of the banks of the Danube, as well as the world’s largest thermal water cave system, and the world’s second oldest subway line.
Popular Destinations in Budapest
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Budapest? Offering some of the most sophisticated travel experiences in the region, Budapest has a number of attractions, and some of the most popular are:
Banks of the River Danube: Flanking the world’s second oldest river are the banks of the River Danube in Budapest, which have been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors can take a relaxing river cruise down the Danube, and marvel at the beautiful landmarks that line the river, especially when they are brightly lit at night. A river cruise in Budapest, also known as the Pearl of the Danube, is enjoyed by locals and tourists alike.
Castle Hill: Located on the western side of the Danube River is the majestic Castle Hill, home to some of the most notable historical landmarks in Danube. Most famous of all is the Royal Palace, which intriguingly has never been inhabited by the royal family of Hungary. First completed in 1265, the Royal Palace is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Budapest, and is famous for the medieval and baroque architecture in its constituent buildings. Other notable landmarks here include Matthias Church, the Fisherman’s Bastion, and the Hospital in the Rock.
Hungarian State Opera House: Located in central Budapest, the Hungarian State Opera House is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful opera houses in the world. Home to the Budapest Opera Ball, the Hungarian National Ballet and the Hungarian State Opera company, the Hungarian State Opera House was opened to the public in 1884, and was designed by the famous Hungarian architect Miklós Ybl.
Memento Park: An outdoor museum in Budapest, Memento Park, or Statue Park, is the location for several monumental statues dating to the Communist period of Hungary in the late 20th century. The Memento Park includes the statues of the famous Communist leaders Engels, Marx and Lenin, together with the statues of a number of other Communist leaders of the country. Designed by the Hungarian architect Ákos Eleőd, the park was opened to the public in 1993.
Great Synagogue: The Great Synagogue, also known as the Dohány Street Synagogue or the Tabakgasse Synagogue, is one of the largest synagogues in the world. Situated in Erzsébetváros, the Great Synagogue seats over 3,000 people and was consecrated in 1859.
Luxury Lodging in Budapest
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Budapest? Budapest is a stunning European city that features numerous luxurious hotels and accommodation options. Here are some of the best hotels you can find in Budapest, Hungary:
- Adina Apartment Hotel Budapest
- Art’otel Budapest, by Park Plaza
- Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament Budapest
- Bohem Art Hotel
- Boscolo Luxury Resridence
- Buda Castle Fashion Hotel
- Budapest Marriott Hotel
- Continental Hotel Zara
- Corinthia Hotel Budapest
- Courtyard Budapest City Center
- Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest
- Hilton Budapest Hotel
- Hilton Budapest WestEnd
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest
- InterContinental Budapest
- Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
- Le Meridien Budapest
- Palazzo Zichy Hotel Budapest
- Ramada Plaza Budapest
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge
- St George Residence All Suite Hotel Deluxe
Restaurants in Budapest For Private Jets
Great food is everywhere you turn in Budapest, and locals are tremendously proud of its native cuisine.
1 Michelin star:
Vörösmarty tér 7-8 1051 Pest
Distance : 0.8 km
- Borkonyha Winekitchen:
Sas utca 3 1051 Pest
Distance : 0.9 km
Ráday utca 4 1092 Pest
Distance : 1.9 km
Apor Vilmos tér 13 1124 Budapest
Distance : 2.3 km
Airports In or Nearby Budapest For Private Jets
Interested in chartering a private jet to Budapest, Hungary? There is a multitude of airports that serve Budapest and its surroundings. Here are some of the most popular airports you can use to book a private jet charter to and from Budapest:
- Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (BUD): This is the largest airport in Hungary and it serves Budapest and its surroundings. It is located 10 miles from the city center of Budapest. In 2014, BUD was used by more than 8.5 million passengers. It features two asphalt/concrete runways and it was originally built back in 1943.
- R. Štefánik Airport (BTS): Also known as Bratislava Airport, this airport is located six miles from the city center of Bratislava in Slovakia. BTS currently features two concrete runways, and it handled nearly 1.3 million passengers in 2014.
- Vienna International Airport (VIE): This airport is located 11 miles from Vienna, the capital city of Austria. Vienna International Airport is the biggest airport in the country. In 2014, it was used by nearly 22.5 million passengers. VIE was originally built in 1938 as a military base, and today it features two asphalt paved runways.
- Košice International Airport (KSC): Covering an area of 1.3 square miles, this airport is located four miles south of the St. Elisabeth Cathedral and it . KSC is designed to handle nearly 800,000 passengers every year and it currently features one asphalt paved runway. In 2014, it was used by almost 357,000 passengers.
- Osijek Airport (OSI): This airport serves the city of Osijek in Croatia and it is located 12 miles from its city center. Osijek Airport features one asphalt paved runway, and it can currently handle approximately 150,000 passengers every year.
- Oradea Airport (OMR): This airport is located nearly 3.1 miles from the city of Oradea in Bihor County, Romania. The airport features one asphalt paved runway. In 2014, OMR was used by approximately 36,000 passengers. Since 2009, the airport was renovated and its runway was extended. Chartered flights from Oradea Airport are on the increase today too.
- Siófok-Kiliti Airport (LHSK): Located 70 miles away from the city of Budapest, this airport serves the city of Slofok in Hungary, and it is dedicated to general aviation. It features one grass runway.
- Győr-Pér Airport (QGY): This airport was built in 1994 and it is situated near the city of Gyor in Hungary. Győr-Pér Airport is situated 78 miles away from Budapest. It has one asphalt paved runway and one grass runway.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Budapest?