About Perth, Australia
Where the southwest coast of Western Australia meets the Swan River sits Perth, Australia’s capital. With a population of more than 1.83 4 million, the city occupies 2080 square miles. It is a dominant force in the economy of Western Australia and although agriculture and industry play a major part in the city’s economy, the service sector has also grown in importance since the 1950s.
Popular Destinations in Perth
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Perth? One of the most popular travel destinations in Western Australia, Perth is a city with stunning landmarks and cultural gems. Here are some of Perth’s key attractions:
Kings Park: When it comes to city parks, Kings Park, at 1003 acres, is one of the world’s largest. It is more expansive than New York City’s Central Park and sees more than 5 million visitors annually. Attractions here include a reservoir, a tennis club, and a war Memorial. More tourist-focused attractions include panoramic views of Darling Range and Swan River, several different walkways, Jacob’s Ladder, the DNA tower, the Aboriginal Art Gallery, a family area, Synergy Parkland, botanical gardens, and a handful of memorials including the Edith Cowan Clock.
There is a festival that takes place here during the summer on an annual basis. Throughout September, the festivities include family activities, guided walks, interpretive artworks, workshops, exhibitions, live music, and floral displays. Fashion lovers, seniors, artists, school students, families, and gardening enthusiasts flock to this festival; previous years have seen over 500,000 attendees per year.
Swan Valley: Most visitors come to Swan Valley for the wine, but equally impressive are the views of the blue Mountains, the river’s red-colored banks, and the bright foliage. The soil here is rich, which allows for exceptional growing conditions. This could be the reason that Swan Valley attracts so many café and restaurant goers. Additionally, Swan Valley is known for its dried fruit producers, cheese farms, a goat farm, olive groves, a lavender farm, several beekeepers, coffee roasters, and a chocolate factory. Tours of the Swan Valley’s wineries are available to tourists, as are picnic areas, wildlife sightings, opportunities for family fun, shopping, arts and crafts, and breweries.
The Aquarium of Western Australia: Formerly Underwater World Perth, this Hillary, Western Australia-located attraction is privately owned. The Aquarium of Western Australia possesses Australia’s largest walk-through, underwater tunnel. It is about the same size as the largest aquarium in the country, although it is not officially listed as the largest.
Hillary’s Boat Harbor: Attractions located in the harbor and surrounding areas include cruises and fishing charters, a putt-putt course, water slide, and helicopter flights. In 1986, boating facilities were added. The harbor went through a massive upgrade in 2008 in which it added retail outlets, a tavern, and the new boardwalk. A drawbridge allowing boats to pass underneath it is one of the favorite attractions at this harbor.
Luxury Lodging in Perth
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Perth? There are many opulent lodging options available in Perth for luxury travelers to choose from. Here are some examples:
- Best Western Premier Perth
- COMO The Treasury
- Crown Metropol Perth
- Duxton Hotel Perth
- Fraser Suites Perth
- Hyatt Regency Perth
- Pan Pacific Perth
- Parmelia Hilton Perth
- The Richardson Hotel & Spa
- The Terrace Hotel Perth
Airports In or Nearby Perth For Private Jets
Looking for a private jet charter to Perth, Australia? There are a number of airports you can use for your private jet travel to arrive in or depart from Perth. These include:
- Perth International Airport (PER): Perth Airport is an international and domestic airport serving the city of Perth. The airport is located just outside the city, with excellent infrastructure connecting the two. Perth Airport sits at an altitude of 67 feet above sea level, and has two asphalt runways measuring 11,000 and 7,000 feet in length. These are designated in the 03/21 and 06/24 directions. Perth Airport has a passenger turnover of more than 13 million passengers annually.
- Geraldton Airport (GET): Geraldton Airport is a public airport located six miles east of Geraldton and 220 miles away from Perth. The airport sits at an elevation of 121 feet above sea level, and has three runways. Two of these are made of asphalt, and measure 6,500 and 2,700 feet in length respectively. These are designated in the 03/21 and 14/32 directions respectively. It also has a 2,700-foot gravel runway designated in the 08/26 direction. Geraldton Airport has a passenger turnover of around 100,000 passengers annually.
- Albany Airport (ALH): Albany Regional Airport is located in western Australia, and is 235 miles away from Perth. The airport, also known as Harry Riggs Albany Regional Airport, is the largest such facility in the Great Southern Region. The airport stands at an elevation of 233 feet above sea level, and has two asphalt runways measuring 5,900 feet and 3,500 feet in length. The runways are designated in the 14/32 and 05/23 directions respectively. The airport has a passenger turnover of around 56,000 passengers annually.
- Kalgoorlie Boulder Airport (KGI): Kalgoorlie-Boulder Airport is located around 250 miles away from Perth. It handles an average of 400,000 passengers a year. The airport stands at an elevation of 23 feet above sea level and serves as a hub for Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia. The airport is capable of handling 45 flight movements an hour. It can be used by private aircraft users in addition to commercial air traffic.
- Esperance Airport (EPR): Esperance Airport is a small airport located 260 miles away from Perth. It has a single terminal with two gates, and also has two runways measuring 1,500 feet and 3,600 feet in length. The airport sits at an elevation of around 133 feet above sea level. It has an average of 18,700 aircraft movements a year, and has facilities for private aircraft use including hangar rentals.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Perth?