About Napa Valley, California
Located in California, Napa Valley is one of the most popular wine-producing regions in the world. This unique destination is characterized by hundreds of vineyards set amid rolling hills. The wineries range from small family-run estates to well-established brands like the Robert Mondavi Winery that even offers summer concerts. Premium wine production in Napa Valley started in the 1960’s and today, Napa Valley is a popular enotourism destination.
Popular Destinations in Napa Valley
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Napa Valley? Napa Valley offers many top attractions that can be explored with a day trip. Here are some of the popular destinations:
Petrified Forest: The history of the Petrified Forest dates back three million years ago when Mount St. Helena erupted, blowing a blanket of black volcanic ash north of modern-day Calistoga. Over time, the volcanic ash penetrated the redwoods, leading to their petrifaction. Scientists also discovered petrified shells, marine life and clams, so this led to the belief that the area was covered by water prior to the volcanic eruption.
Napa Valley Drifters: Napa Valley Drifters is run by two FAA certified pilots who are well acquainted with the local region. This attraction offers visitors the chance to enjoy picturesque scenery of Napa Valley with an exhilarating hot air balloon ride.
Domaine Chandon: This winery features outstanding wines, and champagnes including Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Reserve Brut, Brut Ros, and Pinot Meunier. It is also the biggest winery in the local area. In the tasting room, visitors are treated to hand-selected appetizers, and Chandon’s finest wines. Domaine Chandon also houses one of the best restaurants in Napa Valley where its menu complements the fine wines and French-inspired décor.
di Rosa: Spanning over two hundred acres and featuring a nature reserve, lake and garden, di Rosa is home to impressive art pieces by more than 800 artists from all over the world. The exhibitions are housed across four buildings on the sprawling grounds.
Uptown Theater: It was originally built as a Golden Hollywood era movie theater, and was renovated in 2000 into a music venue. Despite upgrading to highly advanced acoustics and sound systems, the theater still retains some of its original charm. In addition to showcasing up and coming musicians in the Bay Area, Uptown Theater also hosts performances by well known singers, including Cat Power, Willie Nelson, and Ziggy Marley.
Luxury Lodging in Napa Valley
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Napa Valley?
- Andaz Napa
- Auberge du Soleil
- Calistoga Ranch
- Hotel Yountville
- Meadowood Napa Valley
- Solage Calistoga
- The Carneros Inn
- Villagio Inn and Spa
- Vintage Inn
Restaurants in Napa Valley
3 Michelin stars:
- The French Laundry:
6640 Washington st., 94599 Yountville
1 Michelin star:
Airports In or Nearby Napa Valley For private Jets
Interested in renting a private aircraft to Napa Valley, California? Some of the airports that serve the Napa Valley region include:
- Oakland International Airport (OAK): This is an international airport located 51 miles from the Napa Valley. The airport sits at an altitude of 9 feet above sea level, and has four asphalt runways measuring between 3,300 and 10,500 feet in length. It is one of the busiest airports in the state. Oakland International Airport is mostly used by commercial flights, though private jets can also access it with prior arrangement. All aircraft-related services including maintenance are available.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO): San Francisco International Airport is located around 58 miles away from Napa Valley. It has four asphalt runways measuring between 7,650 and 11,800 feet in length, and handles more than 400,000 aircraft operations a year. The airport has numerous amenities, including ample parking, recreation facilities, and aircraft maintenance services.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF): Located 64 miles away from Napa Valley, Sacramento International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the region. The airport covers an area of 6,000 acres, and has two runways measuring 8,000 feet in length. It is mostly used by commercial air traffic, though a limited number of private jets are also allowed to use it.
- Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC): This airport is located 82 miles away from Napa Valley. The airport covers an area of 420 hectares, and sits at an elevation of 62 feet above sea level. It has two runways, and serves predominantly commercial air traffic. Private and chartered jets may use the airport, but will usually require prior arrangements.
- Napa County Airport (APC): This is a local airport located around 8 miles from Napa Valley. It is a relatively small airport with three runways measuring between 3,000, and 5,000 feet in length. This airport sits at an elevation of 35 feet above sea level.
- Petaluma Municipal Airport (UXK): This small airport is located around 25 miles away from Napa Valley. It covers an area of 89 hectares, and has a single runway measuring 3,600 feet in length. It is mainly used for general aviation, and is preferred by many private aircraft users.
- Nut Tree Airport (VCB): The Nut Tree Airport is a small airport located 28 miles from Napa Valley. The public airport sits at an elevation of 117 feet above sea level, and has a single asphalt runway measuring 4,700 feet in length. It has an average of 100,000 aircraft operations a year.
- Marin County Airport (NOT): Located around 30 miles away from Napa Valley, the Marin County Airport is one of the most popular for private jet users visiting the region. It is commonly preferred by private aircraft users, and has a single asphalt runway measuring 3,300 feet in length. It also has one helipad.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Napa Valley?