About Doha, Qatar
Doha is Qatar’s most populated city with well over 1,350,000 people inhabiting 51 square miles of just the city itself. Although its summer months are infamously scorching, Qatar can be a welcome respite for those flying in from frigid, snow-covered regions of the world. Natural gas and oil are this city’s main economic sectors. A late 21st-century attempt by the government to diversify the economy, however, is still underway, so changes may be on the horizon. Doha is scheduled to act as the host city for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Popular Destinations in Doha
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Doha? Vacationing tourists can purchase spices, crafts, or clothing from vendors at the Souq Waqif market, or explore other activities. Some of the more popular attractions include the following:
Al Maha Sanctuary: What started with one man’s appreciation for an antelope (also described as a desert, deer-like animal) soon became a breeding ground for the Arabian Oryx. This species is endangered and thereby protected in this sanctuary. Between this reserve as well as others at Al Mashrabiya, Ras Ushaijrij, and Shahaniya, there are now thousands of these magnificent animals in protected captivity.
Doha’s Recreation and Water Sports: Doha’s recreational crowd has a lot of options: Al Shahaniya’s camel racing, horse racing, golfing at the Doha Golf Club, the Qatar Aspire Zone’s 250-acre sports city, fishing, sandy beaches and their accompanying water sports are just a few activities. Visitors may also find football particularly entertaining here; games are played to the sounds of drums and chants.
Desert Adventures: Experience singing sand dunes, wadi bashing, and desert safaris where the sweeping sandy dunes meet the deep blue waters. Bedouin style tents welcome visitors arriving in 4 x 4 jeeps and ready themselves for an exhilarating, action filled drive through the dunes.
MIX Bar, Lounge, and Terrace at the Westin Doha Hotel and Spa: This establishment deserves special mention for its robust nightlife. Visitors can watch mixologists work their magic here. It is simultaneously playful and soulful. The unique lighting gives an evening spent here a special spin.
Cruise or Walk the Corniche: An exclusive yacht cruise known as the “Dhow”, which begins at the Pearl Islands and extends to the Doha Corniche, is breathtaking. Visitors not interested in the water can stroll along the wharf to take in the incredible skyline and the impressive oyster monument.
Key Nightlife Ventures in Doha: Krossroads Bar and Lounge, the Jazz Club, and other bars and restaurants spring to life when the city lights go up and the day turns into night. Typical of many Middle Eastern countries, Doha’s nightlife includes movie premieres, a sassy shisha lounge, and five star restaurants. Still, these barely make a dent in the happenings of Doha after nightfall.
Luxury Lodging in Doha
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Doha? Travelers can choose from Doha’s illustrious selection of luxury hotels, including:
- Banana Island Resort
- Four Seasons Hotel, Doha
- Grand Hyatt, Doha
- InterContinental, Doha
- Kempinski Residences and Suites, Doha
- La Cigale Hotel
- Moevenpick Tower, Doha
- Ritz Carlton, Doha
- The Ritz Carlton Sharq Village and Spa
- The St Regis, Doha
- The Torch, Doha
- W Doha Hotel & Residences
Airports In or Nearby Doha For Private Jets
In Doha, travelers can choose from a handful of airports that can facilitate private flight charters. The airports in or nearby Doha include:
- Hamad International Airport (OTHH)– Hamad International Airport is located in Doha, Qatar and has the capacity to handle both general aviation as well as private jet charters. It features an asphalt runway in the 34/16 direction. The runway extends 15,000 feet in length. A large airport, Hamad International offers a lot of things to do including shopping, dining, and relaxation while preparing for one’s flight.
- Al Khor Airport (OTBK): Al Khor Airport is located less than 24 miles away from Doha. It is a general aviation airport that is also used as the venue of the annual Al Khor Fly-In. The airport has one asphalt runway designated in the 14/32 direction.
- Al-Ahsa International Airport (HOF): This is an airport which is located 165 miles away from Doha. It features one asphalt runway in the direction of 16/34. Being strategically located between Dubai, Bahrain, and Qatar, this airport is considered a key aviation hub for cross-region travel.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Doha?