About Chiang Mai, Thailand
Set among the highest mountains in the country, Chiang Mai is situated 435 miles north of Bangkok. The city retains an intimate “small town” feel, and is home to approximately 150,000 residents. Chiang Mai has its own dialect, dances, architecture, cuisine, and costumes. Today, it is one of the most visited cities in Thailand.
Popular Destinations in Chiang Mai
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Chiang Mai? There are many destinations to explore in Chiang Mai which include:
Chiang Mai Zoo: Located at the foothills of Doi Suthep, this zoo covers over 200 acres. There are approximately 400 animal species found here, including rhinoceroses, hippopotami, giraffes, chimpanzees, penguins, and pandas.
Chiang Mai National Museum: This museum contains a large collection of war weapons, ancient Buddha images, and Lanna Thai works of art and handicraft. Built in a neo-northern Thai style, the museum aims to protect and preserve the culture and art of Northern Thailand.
Tweechol Botanical Garden: Tweechol features a wide array of sculptured lakes and ponds that are surrounded by topiary, cycad and palm species. It also contains a greenhouses filled with rare tropical plant species.
Wat U Mong: This is a forest retreat built in 1296 by King Mengrai. It is situated in a rustic setting near the Suthep Road. The facility features a distinct tunnel-like structure beneath an ancient monument. There is also a deer sanctuary behind the temple on the mountain slopes.
Mae Sa Elephant Training Centre: The center offers elephant shows that feature the large animals playing musical instruments, painting, playing football, and more. It is a family friendly destination that makes for a great day out.
Doi Inthanon National Park: This facility is home to more than 362 species of animals, most of which are not found anywhere else in Thailand. Not only popular for its natural beauty, Doi Inthanon is noted for its historical importance as well. There are Chedis dedicated to the Thai King and Queen near the peak of the mountain. Besides the wildlife, visitors can explore waterfalls and rivers here.
Luxury Lodging in Chiang Mai
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Chiang Mai? Chiang Mai has many luxury hotels and lodgings for travelers to choose from, and they include:
- 137 Pillars House
- Anantara Chiang Mai Resort and Spa
- Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
- Four Seasons Chiang Mai
- Le Meridien Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Puripunn A Baby Grand Boutique
- Rainforest Boutique Hotel
- RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort
- Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort
- Shangri-La Hotel in Chiang Mai
- U Chiang Mai
- Veranda Chiang Mai
Airports In or Nearby Chiang Mai For Private Jets
This culturally significant city is served by many airports. Here are some of the recommended airports to use for your private charter flights:
- Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX): Located in the city itself, the international airport is owned by the Royal Thai Air Force. The airport sits at an elevation of more than 1,000 feet above sea level, and has one asphalt runway in the 18/36 direction. There are two terminals for international and domestic passenger flights respectively.
- Lampang Airport (LPT): Located approximately 62 miles away from Chiang Mai, this is a government-owned airport with one asphalt runway in the 18/36 direction. It sits at an elevation of more than 800 feet above sea level.
- Pai Airport (PYY): Located approximately 82 miles away from Chiang Mai, Pai Airport provides facilities for general aviation aircraft operations. It sits at an elevation of about 1,200 feet above sea level.
- Chiang Rai International Airport (CEI): Located less than 120 miles away from Chiang Mai, the international airport is operated by the Airports of Thailand PLC, and has one asphalt runway in the 03/21 direction. Sitting at an elevation of nearly 1,300 feet above sea level, this airport mostly handles domestic flights.
- Phrae Airport (PRH): Located approximately 129 miles away from Chiang Mai, the domestic airport has one asphalt runway that is designated in the 01/19 direction, and sits at an elevation of 538 feet above mean sea level.
- Mae Hong Son Airport (HGN): Located less than 150 miles away from Chiang Mai, the local airport in the town of Mae Hong Son has one asphalt runway in the 11/29 direction. It sits at an elevation of 929 feet above sea level.
- Sukhothai Airport (THS): Located approximately 178 miles away from Chiang Mai, this local airport is owned and operated by Bangkok Airways. It features a single asphalt runway that is designated in the 18/36 direction, and sits at an elevation of more than 170 feet above sea level.
- Nan Nakhon Airport (NNT): Located less than 210 miles away from Chiang Mai, this local airport sits at an elevation of 685 feet above sea level, and has one asphalt runway in the 02/20 direction. Flights from this airport cater to two destinations only, which include Chiang Mai International Airport and Bangkok Don Mueang Airport.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Chiang Mai?